Alexandrine sleeping at bottom of cage

Munalondon

Nov 15, 2021
Parrots
1 alexandrine
Hello my female Alexandrine laid 3 eggs. One the 24th of February and 2 a few days later. I removed the eggs. She lays eggs every year. Last year I removed them but she was still going back to the cage. This year it's worse she goes there very often and at night she sleeps there. Her head on the side and bum in the air. Otherwise when I take her out of the cage she's herself. Flies around the house. Drinks and eat. I didn't notice any change. Is she still broody?

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
It can be a bad sign when a bird hangs around the bottom of the cage. It can mean that it's lost its balance to stand on a perch like it used to and is afraid of falling from one.
In your case it might be different I hope as it's showing no other signs of illness.

OP
Munalondon

Munalondon

Nov 15, 2021
Parrots
1 alexandrine
It can be a bad sign when a bird hangs around the bottom of the cage. It can mean that it's lost its balance to stand on a perch like it used to and is afraid of falling from one.
In your case it might be different I hope as it's showing no other signs of illness.
She's fine other wise. Can climk up and down the cage. If I leave the cage open she flies downstairs to see me stays a bit and goes back upstairs at the bottom. Invisible nest and eggs?

Most Reactions

Latest posts