Green Cheek Conure?

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Raven has a very real point. How real? When I was in high school my mom walked into my room and told me I had one week to get rid of every bird I owned or she would put a "free to good home" ad in the paper. I know it sounds like a long time to wait, but spend the time between now and moving out researching as much as you can, spending as much time with as many birds as you can, and saving up your money for when the time comes to bring your baby home, probably after you move out. Even if you buy and inexpensive bird, a few thousand dollars in the bank for vet bills is one of the best gifts you can give him or her.

katina

Jul 20, 2014
I do NOT suggest keeping your bird in your room, unless you are someone who spends ALL their time in their room. Birds are incredibly social creatures. Different people have different ways of dealing with other pets, I highly suggest searching the forums and gathering info on what will work best in your case. If you keep the bird isolated in your room, do not be surprised if you find yourself with an angry biter, screamer, plucker, or terrified bird. I personally have a dog as well, and right now we are dog sitting for a friend so we have 2 dogs in the house.

What do you mean "take it around the house"? Your bird should not need any kind of suit to accompany you around your house, in fact it should spend several hours a day at least doing just that. Birds are not like fish; they cannot just be left in their enclosures, even if you sit by them and talk to them. If you mean you want to take him OUT of the house, you could TRAIN him to wear a flight suit, but I MUCH prefer the Aviator harness. It is MUCH safer! Also, the Flight Suit comes with a little cartoon for instructions, the Aviator comes with a 45 minute DVD teaching you how to TRAIN your bird to wear it. If you rush, skip, or in some other way mess up the intro and training, your bird my NEVER submit to wearing a harness.[/QUOTE

Skitzo they say he is a velcro bird im amnot really know what that means other than the obvious one. He does stay in my bedroom cause thats were I always am. He needs his nails clipped but it scares me, I cut my dogs nails tho and I used to cut my tiels nails however that was over 5 years ago, they bred so easy I had tiels everywhere . Lol. Also he wont stop pinchin, its notvgrooming me when he does this he pulls my hair, he kisses me he pulls my eyelashes very gently and my nose or rubs against my neck. When he pinches it stings. Also he only sleeps when I do so he is only sleeping maybe 6 hous in 24, will this hurt him?

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Yes, sleeping only 6 hours a night is bad for a bird, they typically do best with 12-14, especially if you want to keep them from breeding. If you are afraid to clip the nails you could take him to the vet or a groomer to get it done. Also, he may need different types of perches, perhaps larger than the ones he has.

OP
S

SolarEclipse

Jul 24, 2014
Oh hey im back XD im gonna try to get a GCC still, but as a fam bird!! Gona play with one at the pet store if possible.

Timothy

Aug 16, 2014
Port Richey, Florida
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw [Maya] // Sun Conure Baby [Zippo] // 2 Lovebirds [Nibblet & Nellie]
OP
S

SolarEclipse

Jul 24, 2014

I Have that cage, used it for finches, was great for breeding them. Was going to put my sun conure in it but it has way too many breeder's doors that don't have any lock at all, and the bar's are pretty thin and flimsy. Nice size though. It won't support the perches i want to use for my Sun Conure.

Wow really? Didnt know that! Any cages u would suggest?

Most Reactions

Latest posts