Greetings from Boston

Bynnie

May 18, 2013
Media
Boston, MA area
Parrots
I have
Cheeky, my green cheek conure, and Cinnamon, my GCC cinnamon mutation.
And I cannot forget my little Yuki, a small all white parakeet
Hi Everyone, my name is Brian but my user name is Bynnie...
I got that name from my niece when she was very young. She called me uncle Bynnie because she couldn't say Brian, so it has stuck with me for the last 15 or so years.

I bought a pair of parakeets about 10 years ago when my wife and I were newly wed, they were nice birds...living in Massachusetts the climate is very cold during the winter , and at the time, maybe about 4 years ago we were living in a very old house in Salem MA...It was built in 1697. The walls were not insulated and it was very drafty and one of the birds caught a chill and got sicker and died. Heartbreaking.

So we have had 1 parakeet only for a while now and that is when I decided to buy a small parrot or two. They are awesome little girls. Their names are Cheeky (green cheek conure) and Cinnamon (green cheek with cinnamon mutation) They are almost 1 year old now...they were hatched last June.

I will post some pics later when i learn how.

But I look forward to reading all i can about other's birds and stories and about parrots in general.
Take care for now....
Bynnie

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hello there, Bynnie, and welcome to the forum. :)

So sorry to hear about your parakeet that died due to the cold. :(

How exciting that you have 2 new babies now. Can't wait to see the pictures of Cheeky and Cinnamon. :D

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Welcome to the forum Brian, glad to see another New Englander around.....

As to posting pics, choose the Go Advanced button & after the new screen pops up, click on the paperclip in the toolbar find the pic you want to upload (it gives you the option of sourcing from you computer or from an outboard source, like an image storage site, then click upload & it will take you back to your message, close the popup attachment window, edit/add any additional text to your message, scroll down through the icon maze...add any of those, if you're an icon enthusiast, continue scrolling & choose preview or post & once you choose post, your message will be posted to the forum.....you've got some limitations in posting & storage...messages can only be so many characters long (it will give you little NO-NO messages across the top of your message...the same is true of pics, though that gives you a little usage meter for how much storage space you've used.....

hope that's not too confusing.....

OP
Bynnie

Bynnie

May 18, 2013
Media
Boston, MA area
Parrots
I have
Cheeky, my green cheek conure, and Cinnamon, my GCC cinnamon mutation.
And I cannot forget my little Yuki, a small all white parakeet
Welcome to the forum Brian, glad to see another New Englander around.....

As to posting pics, choose the Go Advanced button & after the new screen pops up, click on the paperclip in the toolbar find the pic you want to upload (it gives you the option of sourcing from you computer or from an outboard source, like an image storage site, then click upload & it will take you back to your message, close the popup attachment window, edit/add any additional text to your message, scroll down through the icon maze...add any of those, if you're an icon enthusiast, continue scrolling & choose preview or post & once you choose post, your message will be posted to the forum.....you've got some limitations in posting & storage...messages can only be so many characters long (it will give you little NO-NO messages across the top of your message...the same is true of pics, though that gives you a little usage meter for how much storage space you've used.....

hope that's not too confusing.....

Thanks for the lesson! I will give it a try.

And also thanks to everyone for the welcoming!

B.

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Welcome Brian! This is a great place for bird lovers I can't wait to see pictures of your birds. I also have a green cheek but she is a turquoise mutation. I love conures they are such fun little birds. Have a great day!

Most Reactions