Gus learns to play catch?

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Actually not quite sure what the game is. Gus doesn't make a lot of noises right now, mostly variations on squonk.

[ame="https://youtu.be/cHf7wVg85eg"]Catch this! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/G1MDDPA8RFs"]Catch and squawk - YouTube[/ame]

He is still afraid of almost everything but seems to want to play catch and throw...

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Looks like Gus is teaching y'all how to play catch!

SilleIN

Aug 18, 2016
Denmark
Parrots
Lots of parrots, most of them rescues
:35: Soo good birdy :)

I play a similar game with my B&G. I have some old wooden curtain rings, that I hand him and he throws everywhere :) He has a dresser, where I put a whole bunch of those curtain rings and he tries to throw all of them down as quickly as he can :D

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
So if I can make a suggestion? Anytime Gus throws the sockball back at you, even just the tiniest bit, give him a treat ( bit of pine nut.. what ever). No treat for when he throws off the bed. He will enjoy actually playing catch with you more, and he alreay has the basic movement down. I love Gus !! I bet he learns the game in a week! Go Gus!

OP
Kentuckienne

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
I didn't even think of getting him to throw it back. The BFA used to catch it, fling it, and we'd all go woooooo! Will start on it tomorrow - it will be good bonding for all of us. Whenever the BFA was in a snippy mode, a do-the-trick-get-food snapped him right out of it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts