WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
from FB.........and comment by the photographer

"Some people have commented on how I put my little girl in such a 'dangerous' position, but I was taking the picture so I was right there. I assure you, had my GSD Maverick moved an inch, my camera would've made the ultimate sacrifice lol. :) My daughter Gracie was 8 weeks early, 3 lbs 8.5oz, 16 inches long and I took this picture around her original due date, which was August 14th, 2008. Maverick was about a year and a half and weighed in around 65 lbs at that point. Today, Gracie is a healthy, active, intelligent little 3 year old and at age 5, Maverick is still as spunky as she was when she was at 8 weeks old when I brought her home."

2up8osk.jpg

Sooo Cute. That picture is priceless. Thank you for sharing:)

OMG Wharf that is a perfect, priceless, picture!!!! :D You should frame it or something.

Now this is our old GSD and Conner years ago :) (the first pic is NOT mine)

qrksut.jpg

best dog ever (also the meanest and most dangerous) we called her "death on 4 legs"
We had a cop friend visit all the time, his hand wouldn't leave his gun til we got her put up.

33o5g76.jpg

Both dogs look like beautiful german shepards. The kids are really cute and I am sorry but neither dog looks like they have a mean bone in their body. I have had two german shepards in years gone by one all black named Devil, and one black and tan that we rescued his name was London.. They were great dogs and I swear would have given their lives to protect our kids.:)

Obviously I know nothing about the first one, now my solid black one was dangerous and a liability. In the town where the cop visited us (the one we lost in hurricane Ike) Everyone around was warned about her by me personally when we moved in there. Basically freeze and don't move. I didn't teach her this, it was natural, she was imported from E. Germany, it was in her blood. She would kill anything that came within her reach (wild birds included, she was very fast) If you weren't family you could not be around her, I don't care how many times she saw you. The closest call was a water meter reader who didn't speak English very well, thank God my wife was outside. Shadow was let out front tied to a tree with a 3500lb towing strap while we were out with her only. Once that guy stepped onto our grass she went insane, and yes I had at least 3-4 warning signs posted. Deb was already walking over to the guy when Shadow snapped the tow strap, Deb put herself between them best she could and yelled at him to FREEZE but he didn't understand her. She got close enough to tear his shirt and pants up pretty bad before Deb finally got her by the collar. Luckily he was unharmed and my wife called the cops so there was no misunderstanding about what happened. That was one of the only times she got loose (4 times total) and none of the other times were very pleasant either.

I LOVED the GSD I had at one point that my ex give away behind my back while I was out of town working. I had him for 4 years since he was a pup and he was a wonderful dog. His mother was imported from Germany as well but his temperament was excellent as he never harms any of the animals we had. He will help me heard the geese into their house at night cause we have coyotes that would eat them for dinner...

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back