Happy Campers

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Ok ... there is only one stipulation ... you both *must* ride IN (yes, INSIDE :eek:) the 4Runner with Dan and I (me driving :eek::eek::eek:) as we drive off the lot and on the way home!! ... Peanuts, seatbelts and in-house movie are provided. LMAO

(Did'ja change your mind about coming?) LOL!!

Post note edit: beer provided AFTER we make it home! Roflmao!!!

2nd Post note edit: Valium provided at any time! LMAO! :D :eek:

Sorry ... the FIRST Post note edit was in error and should have read:

beer provided *IF* we make it home!

Tex ... too funny!!!! ROFLMAO! :D :D :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
OMG you guys

Okay I'm not a drinker but I'll take the beer and valium, I'll start now I think :D:35:

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
OMG you guys

Okay I'm not a drinker but I'll take the beer and valium, I'll start now I think :D:35:
Peta, you say your not a drinker. How then do you justify 90% of your posts.
I had naturally assumed you were an alcoholic on a near permanent binge.
Not unlike myself.

OP
Deanna

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
ATTENTION ANYONE IN THE COLORADO AREA

If you are in the Colorado area, please walk in the middle of the road for the rest of the week because the sidewalks are not safe! :LMAO:

Ok !!! I only swerved and hit the curb (on the side of the on-coming traffic) once, veered sharp right, jumped the curb and trolled down the sidewalk for about 3/4 mile before having to dodge the light pole, veering again left and righting myself in the center of the roadway! A one-ton pickup seemed to be startled by my presence (half in his lane) and he yanked his truck up onto his curb (not so lucky as he hit the light pole).

Wasn't so bad as I expected. ROFLMAO!!!!

Much to my surprise (in all seriousness), I hopped into the 4Runner, revved it up and took off like a PRO! We took about a 30 some odd mile trek around town and out to an outlying town, hopped on the Interstate (70 MPH :eek:) ... the camper did fantastic!!!! I kept it in my lane the whole time (in town and on the freeway). No sway or movement whatsoever. The only difference I could feel was that it required more gas power when starting from a stopped position and also required a more forceful brake when slowing/stopping (brakes on the trailer helped immensely). Now ... as for backing up ... that was a total hoot and a holler (a joke actually). Got home and tryed backing into the driveway and lord have mercy the damned thing squirmed around hither and to, left right left right NEVER STRAIGHT. The saleseman cautioned us about backing with such a short trailer and said that it can jack-knife easily ... I nearly jack-knifed it twice ... but FINALLY got it in (to totally straight, a little crooked) ... but it is now parked! Whew!

So ... going forward is a piece of cake ... backing up...I most definitely need practice!!!! LOL

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I don't need drink or anything else to have a good time, thats how I can justify everything that I do.

jackielyn12

Sep 13, 2010
Camping is so enjoyable and I believe anyone who buys’s a camper will be at peace while camping. I have seen a lot of pop up camp trailer and it was great. They are just as easy to set up and come equipped which allows for a smoother cranking motion and it is very easy as well.

Vivica

Sep 7, 2010
Philadelphia PA
Parrots
1 15 year old Golden Capped Conure Named Wrnts
Wow that sounds like a big adventure. I'd never be able to back in a trailer. I'd definitely jack-knife it. Good job!

Most Reactions

Latest posts