Happy to be here!

FeatherLover

Jan 29, 2013
Colorado
Parrots
YSGCC (Ivy) hatched 9/7/12
Hi everyone! I am new here & hoping to find advice & support with my new Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure. Although I grew up with Budgies, Tiels, & Lovebirds, this new girl is quite different!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome to our forum
Enjoy

000204AE.gif

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Welcome to the forum. Yes Green Cheeks are different & most become very loving little darlings. If she is young they usually go through a nippy stage that can be trying for awhile. My girl is 6 yrs. old now so she is a total sweetheart that loves to hang out on my shoulder & preen my 'spots' on my neck.

If you check out the Conure forum in the species specific area, you should get a lot of help with getting to know all about your new girl. Good luck & look forward to hearing more about your girl.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of gcc owners here. feel free to ask questions:)

aConureLover

Nov 25, 2012
Welcome! My Sun Conure has always been affectionate since I got him when he was 3 months old. But he was hand fed and handled before he was weaned. He has had times when he was aggressive, but I just stay the same with him, I guess you would say, unconditional love. Now that he is older, he is very affectionate and snuggles my neck and grooms me. I can tell you that in our case, the bond grows deeper and deeper as time goes on. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts