Heat lamps?

Thanks for the response. I find heatlamps to be very easy to use there really is no need to control them so long as you are using the correct wattage the temps are usually consistent they do not malfunction to where the temps will rise and lower. When a bulb goes bad it just breaks. At least in my experience They also give animals the option to pick of warmth or to move away. Temps also can be easily monitored with thermometers and temp guns. And if you're being extra cautious you can use a thermostat. All things I personally have laying around though I don' find thermostats necessary for heat lamps. I was reading something that spoke about metabolic bone disease in birds is also a thing. Which is generally a the case of low D3. So I would think extra UVB supplements would be beneficial for birds that don't get much outdoor time? I am still very new to parrots so I'm pretty much questioning everything.
Hi I have a question about heat lamps. Iā€™m interested in a ceramic non light bulb for my budgies cage. He already has the radiant heater by his perch. But we run the AC in summer. My question is can you recommend a ceramic heat bulb that doesnā€™t have Teflon?

Move the bird or close the HVAC vent close by!

Adding heat to an environment that you are cooling is not productive or cost effective!
Also consider turning the AC temperature setting up a bit. as a

There is no teflon or any of the like chemical products as part of the ceramic non light bulb coils, it is what they seal them in that commonly has those chemicals.

To my knowledge there are no safe ceramic non light bulb heater, which are safe as they are all produced in china.

Move the bird or close the HVAC vent close by!

Adding heat to an environment that you are cooling is not productive or cost effective!
Also consider turning the AC temperature setting up a bit. as a

There is no teflon or any of the like chemical products as part of the ceramic non light bulb coils, it is what they seal them in that commonly has those chemicals.

To my knowledge there are no safe ceramic non light bulb heater, which are safe as they are all produced in china.
Thank you for answering my query. Yeah I was concerned about heat loss. I donā€™t put him near the vents and occasionally I do close one. I am going to get the magnetic covers to really seal one I shut sometimes. I keep the thermostat in summer around 74. I just didnā€™t want him to get cold since he is so small. Yes itā€™s crazy how everything is made in China. Geez I often wonder how they can make so much for the world. (Maybe I donā€™t really want to know). Everything seems to come via ocean barge these days.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back