Tomsde

Jan 4, 2010
Newark, DE
Parrots
Connie: Green Cheeked Conure

Ollie: Jardine
My name is Tom and I live in Newark, DE. I love birds and had 2 parakeets when I was growing up: Polly:greenyellow: and Greeneroo :greenyellow: (guess what color he was). When I was older I had 2 cockatiels: the first one was a male named Arturo :yellow1:, who I had for 9 1/2 years. Artirp was veru fiesty, but he was not hand raised. After he passed I had Ginger :yellow1: for 10 1/2 years. She was hand raised and I got her when she was only 6 weeks old. Ginger was very sweet and I loved her very much. I was heart broken when I had to have he put to sleep in October--she had cancer.

Since then we purchased a very cute green cheeked conure :rainbow1: named Connie. Connie was 7 months old when I got her. She was born in Florida and was hand raised. I am also getting a Jardine :green1:, who is being weaned at local breeder. The Jardine is a male and will probably be called Ziggy.

I love reading about peoples birds and meeting other people who are interested in parrots.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hi, Tomsde Welcome to a great informative forum
Sorry for your loss !!!!!
Any pic's of Connie?
Awaiting news on your new Jardine "Ziggy"
Take care

OP
T

Tomsde

Jan 4, 2010
Newark, DE
Parrots
Connie: Green Cheeked Conure

Ollie: Jardine
Thanks everyone, I'm still getting the hang of how to use the forum here. I'm not sure how to get my Connie picture in here. Here is a link:

http://www.parrotforums.com/attachm...05-introducing-connie-connie-close-up-web.jpg

It's has been amazing seeing little Ziggy grow from a chick with only down and a few feathers sprouting to a fully developed bird. I just hope Connie isn't jealous! I'll post some pictures of Ziggy when he comes home.

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Connie is a sweetheart, so cute !!!! :yellow1:
Thanks for sharing with us.

The only way I know how to post a pic here is:
Add a pic into your album, then copy, then paste it in the post.
Perhaps other members know a quicker better way, if so please share with us.
Bye for now.

Most Reactions