Hello from Indianapolis

Stealthammer

Dec 28, 2009
Whitestown, IN
Parrots
Apache, Harliquinn Macaw
Hello all, my name is Barry and my Harliquinn macaw's name is Apache. We move out to Indianapolis last year after living in Las Vegas for about six years and we are just getting use to the change in the weather. Apache normally goes everywhere with me except to work, and he is just getting use to the snow and cold of winters here.

Our normal day starts before 5:00am when we get up to shower and decide what "we" are going to have for breakfast, but I seem to get it wrong the first time out at least twice a week . He usually prefers an omlet or french toast but will often hold out for biscuits and gravy or oatmeal when he gets picky. I admit that he is quite spoiled and I know that some of the time he really doesn't care what he has for breakfast, he just wants to see how many things I will make before he has to choose.....

Apache and I do a lot of mountain biking and walking and he never wants to be left at home. We can walk for several hours before he complains, unless I try to pass a Starbucks, Burger King, Taco Bell, etc. when he wants to stop for a snack. He also likes to socialize quite a bit and sometimes it will take an hour or more to get him to leave a Starbucks on the weekend. I don't really mind though because I have learned to take a book and make use of the time.

Although he is full-flighted, he seems to prefer to have me do all the walking and riding, but he does love to climb trees. Since we live near the woods he always gets a good workout when we walk, but again I alway take a book with me.

Anyway, it's nice to find this forum and we hope to find alot of useful info here.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hi Barry and Apache welcome guys !!!
love the pic'
Apache sure sounds like one of the boys....
Breakfast .... very interesting wow what variety.
Take care

Most Reactions

Latest posts