'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
[ame="http://youtu.be/EF4gdBlewOM"]Hello...who there? - YouTube[/ame]

Thekatsmeow

Aug 14, 2012
Athens,Tennessee
Parrots
Scottie Rotten the Massively Minute Macaw
She is just too funny! I can't believe she knocks then says "Who there". Thank you for posting all your videos.

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
First of all, Salsa is a "he", not a she (I know his name ends in an "a" and all but he's a male) :)

Next, I've counted the words and phrases he says and I quit counting when the list got near 70 or so. And he's 4 years old.

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Salsa is really growing up!
Growing up and perhaps still growing out as well. I was convinced it was just bloating from the water but this morning he weighed in at 1578g. If you'll recall, his morning weight was 1550 the other day. I hope it's less tomorrow. We'll see.

Adinafloyd

Jul 8, 2012
Slaughter, La
Parrots
Jax (CAG)
Scarlet (Ekkie)
Toot (TAG)
(YNA-Nappy, Gone but never ever far from my heart)
LOL haha I love when he knocks..whos there??? We are here salsa, Scrtches to you. Thanx for that Plax

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
OMG! Is it possible that he is getting even cuter? I LOVE the way he says his name! The knocking is hysterical, did you teach him that or did his first mom? I know I've told you this a bunch of times but I am just nuts over this bird. I am going to show Moses a new Salsa video now!!

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
my bad didnt know he was a he lol. what happen again.. 70 words thats pretty good for a macaw

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Thanks everyone. Salsa says certain things a lot more than others. I wish I could get lots more of what he says on video. But it's been difficult to capture a great deal of his phrases since he's so random much of the time and because there are certain things he refuses to say when a camera/phone is pointed at him. I'll keep trying though.

brianlinkles: No, I didn't teach him that. Terrie taught him most of what he says and does. She was one of my closest friends but until Salsa came to live with me I really had no idea how much he had in fact learned from her or, really, how exceptional he is talent-wise. Salsa continues to impress me; I hear new things from him all the time.

Most Reactions

Latest posts