Hello

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
Monte..Scarlet macaw, Seminole...yellow napped amazon, Starburst... sun conure...Rain, cinnamon green cheek.
I'm a newb here... but I have years of bird experience.. we have parakeets(Avra& Hendrick) a scarlet macaw(Monte), a yellow napped amazon (Seminole) a new sun conure(Star burst)

I'm a Musician, into health and fitness, and playing with our flock... they're our babies...:) hope to meet some great people here.. I'm here to learn and to help :)

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
Hello! Playing music for your birds is awesome isn't it? I sing for mine all the time and they love it!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
Monte..Scarlet macaw, Seminole...yellow napped amazon, Starburst... sun conure...Rain, cinnamon green cheek.
Lol.. I sing to mine on occasion :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you'll fit right in .

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
Thanx :) I see you're partial to amazons :) ours is quite the talker..not all good though lol.. her previous owner had no right to be owning a bird... or any animal :eek:

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Welcome to the forums, 94lt1 :). Please feel free to post some photos of your guys.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
I need to get one of Seminole... one sec... but the sun is star burst, Monte is the scarlet macaw, the keets are avra and hendrick..:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352510999018.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352510999018.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 278
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352511065414.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352511065414.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 230
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352511097846.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352511097846.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 238
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352511178346.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352511178346.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 240
OP
94lt1

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
Here's Seminole..yellow napped amazon.. great talker..:) she's in her cage for the night :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352511662564.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352511662564.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 235

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Here's Seminole..yellow napped amazon.. great talker..:) she's in her cage for the night :)
Nice looking birds you have there. I especially like the one of your budgies... they're almost forming a heart :heart: shape.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
Thank you. :) Avra the green yellow, and Hendrick, the blue, are awesome birds.. they were hard to get calmed down at first, but some time was all it took. They're 5.5 yrs old now... I'm preparing for the inevitable.. sadly.

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Some beautiful birds you have there. :)

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
Thank you :) they're our babies .. love em to death.

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Thanks for sharing photos of your beautiful flock. I'll bet your home is very cheery with all these lovey looking birds.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
It is a cheery place :) Thanx for the nice words :cool: they're our family...

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
Thanx.. her name is Seminole... she's quite the talker, sadly though, her previous owner was a potty mouth...so her vocab is..... shall we say... less than desirable in some cases.

But she talks in complete sentences :banghead: but those sentences aren't the ones we want to hear :)

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Thanx.. her name is Seminole... she's quite the talker, sadly though, her previous owner was a potty mouth...so her vocab is..... shall we say... less than desirable in some cases.

But she talks in complete sentences :banghead: but those sentences aren't the ones we want to hear :)

Oh No!! Hopefully as time goes on, she will forget all the bad words and pick up on all the things you are saying:)

I love her name:)

My Zon Codie is a getting to be a real little chatterbox now.. She tends to put all her sentences together and says them all in one go LOL

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
I hope you're right :) it doesn't sound right when you have company over, then a bird yells out "I'm gonna kill those expletive birds"! Seriously... its that bad :eek:

Its embarrassing to say the least :)

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Try repeating all different sentences to her, over and over again and once she finds one that she really likes to say, hopefully she will forget about the bad ones :)

Its a shame when people teach their birds to say bad things! I can see where you are coming from though and how you feel embarrassed by it, when you have visitors, but I am sure they probably know that it was not you that taught her these things :)

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
Oh they know.. because they know who her former owner is... :) for now we've replace the saying with "here kitty kitty kitty cat" and wolf howling...

I don't like the idea of her calling for a cat(we don't own any, but still) just the idea of a neighbors cat...but we watch them closely :)
Idk why the swear filter picked that up as profanity? :confused:

Last edited:

Most Reactions