HELP ‼️ HORMONAL BIRD

Safamirza🤍

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hello, I have a 2 year old male cockatiel named Kiko.

I’m from Canada and the weather recently changed to spring/summer and it got really hot. For the past couple of days Kiko was making weird faces and I thought he’d either sick or hes hot. Today for the first time he’s acting hormonal. He was basically humping his bridge that he sleeps on. I’m very very scared this has never happened and i don’t know how to deal with this. I’m scared he might even hurt himself because the bridge isn’t smooth and he’s doing it on the edges of the wood. Please someone help me I’m very scared he’s gonna hurt himself or get frustrated. Also, how do I know if this is hormonal behaviour or if it’s a health issue? I assumed they would do this to soft things but he’s doing it to his wooden bridge and the edges too, which aren’t razor sharp but not smooth either.

Thanks to anyone who replies.

Attachments

• IMG_2641.jpeg
    IMG_2641.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hello, I have a 2 year old male cockatiel named Kiko.

I’m from Canada and the weather recently changed to spring/summer and it got really hot. For the past couple of days Kiko was making weird faces and I thought he’d either sick or hes hot. Today for the first time he’s acting hormonal. He was basically humping his bridge that he sleeps on. I’m very very scared this has never happened and i don’t know how to deal with this. I’m scared he might even hurt himself because the bridge isn’t smooth and he’s doing it on the edges of the wood. Please someone help me I’m very scared he’s gonna hurt himself or get frustrated.

Thanks to anyone who replies.
Hes also angry and biting me

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back