Pearla7096

Jul 30, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi, this is my first post, and I could really use some help with my bird's recent aggressive behavior. My bird is a little more than a year old, and I believe his aggression might be related to a mirror toy in his cage, possibly due to hormonal changes. Today, when I tried to let him step onto my arm, he attacked me with his beak and claws, leaving me with bite marks and some swelling due to allergies. He has been behaving aggressively with everyone in the house lately, even though I haven't made any changes to his diet or cage setup. While I wanted to get him a friend or mate, I'm not allowed to do so. I want to be a responsible owner and get this resolved as soon as possible. Any advice on how to help him become less aggressive? Should I remove the mirror even if it’s his favorite toy ? It's worth noting that he has never been comfortable with people touching him, but he used to step up onto our arms willingly.

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpeg
    IMG_0298.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 20
OP
Pearla7096

Pearla7096

Jul 30, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiel
Okay update I removed the mirror and I put him in another room so I hope he doesn’t hate me or figure out it was me

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Mirrors and parrots never a good idea, for a number of reasons and outcomes. Hopefully this will help.

Most Reactions

Latest posts