• Poll closed .

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
I need to stay out of the parrot store. I swear it is worse than baby fever!

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
This is how it starts! I have eight in total because I couldn't say no...

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
My bird guy says ringnecks are hard to train unless your there 24/7. I'd go any species of conure or quaker.... but thats me.

OP
LoveOfallAnimals

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
My bird guy says ringnecks are hard to train unless your there 24/7. I'd go any species of conure or quaker.... but thats me.
They do have a beautiful golden conure...but oh the price!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).

I'm just going to drop this here......the bird picks you.....watch to the end.....so many choices.....you can see the ones I took home.

Find a bird(s) that reacts like the GCC and the Sun conure do.

Last edited:
OP
LoveOfallAnimals

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots

I'm just going to drop this here......the bird picks you.....watch to the end.....so many choices.....you can see the ones I took home.

I agree other than both of these birds seem to be picking me and I cannot take them both home.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
oof been there....

Well if they are both into you then um......damn I dunno. Maybe one is moreso into you. Honestly if the ringneck is into you.....That might be the one to go with as it may have had more hand training as a baby....my 2 cents, as I mentioned above my bird guy (owner of that store) says if they are harder initially to train so you are getting a free pass. And....according to youtube the talk very well once trained there a ton of videos about the well trained ones.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

Where is this "bird store"? Wow! All those beautiful birds wanting to come home with you!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Downtown Minneapolis MN the Egyptian bird store. He relines all the cages every day.....And he boarded my entire flock when I had a death in the family when I traveled out of state. He's a class act. You can see is back at :42 in. how many bad pet sellers let you openly record inside thier shop.....He's awesome.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Downtown Minneapolis MN the Egyptian bird store. He relines all the cages every day.....And he boarded my entire flock when I had a death in the family when I traveled out of state. He's a class act. You can see is back at :42 in. how many bad pet sellers let you openly record inside thier shop.....He's awesome.
Wow is all I can say! Even when I lived in LA where birds are very popular pets I had never seen a Bird Superstore anything like that. In Van Nuys, CA there is (or was) a store called Birds Plus that was packed with cages of parrots from macaws down to budgies, canaries and finches but it wasn't as "nice" as this place. The birds looked healthy and happy and it was incredibly loud with dozens of big parrots screaming at each other and any customers that walked in.
Here in Maine I don't think there are any stores dedicated to bird or exotic animals.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
One thing i'll add since he's my goto guy, if you buy a bird from him and say need a nail trim, but not a full AVN visit you can bring them in and he will help you out. He also has cages, toys accesories....etc. I just filmed around the outer wall not the center islands. Oh he has budgies too by the counter but I stopped and the baby area.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
One thing i'll add since he's my goto guy, if you buy a bird from him and say need a nail trim, but not a full AVN visit you can bring them in and he will help you out. He also has cages, toys accesories....etc. I just filmed around the outer wall not the center islands. Oh he has budgies too by the counter but I stopped and the baby area.
I didn't know that birds were popular pets in Minnesota.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Never saw the cartoon movie Rio? THe parrot blue was owned in MN.

Chenetaqwa

Jul 16, 2022
Parrots
Winston ... 6 month old green cheek conure
4 budgies ( parakeet)

Thank God there isn't a parrot shop like that near my home ...I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to buy...🤗

OP
LoveOfallAnimals

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Decision was made!
20230617_123028.jpg

OP
LoveOfallAnimals

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
What an angel! Is it a male or female?
Decided on a name yet?
It is a girl. Her name is Tia Maria because I have a thing for naming my animals after alcohol. LOL
Tequila - Female Eclectus
Tito's Vodka - Tito - Male Red Lored Amazon
Tia Maria - Tia - Female Albino Ringneck
Whiskey - Male Grey and White dog

Most Reactions

Latest posts