Help, my canary is seems in pain

Choupi

Sep 17, 2021
Parrots
Canary, Cockatiels
Hello, I have a canary that flew in our home 1 year ago. She used to do this from time to time but rarely and it stopped after 2-3 seconds and then all was fine it seemed; She eats normally, drinks normally and she's always on her highest perch (where she always sleeps), she also goes to the bottom from time to time. She is very active and nothing changed in her behaviour besides this: https://streamable.com/nub7dx now she does it constantly and she used to scream from time to time but now all she does is a faint sound as if she lost her voice.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Hi there, I am sorry your canary is in pain but I cannot diagnose her or help you with your problem at all because I am not a vet. Please take her to an avian vet ASAP. Also, I notice your cage in the video has a plastic perch and a mirror. Please replace those with a natural wood perch and a shredding or foraging toy.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome Choupi and your sweet little canary!

It's difficult to say exactly what might be going on here, but I do think a consultation with an avian vet is in order. Birds are VERY good at masking signs and symptoms of illness until they are unable to do so any longer, at which point it can be harder to help them. This is not meant to scare you, and I hope that whatever is happening is minor and easily treatable by an avian vet. The following link may help you to locate one if you are not already acquainted ...

Wishing your lovely little fellow all the very best for a full recovery 🙏

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Most Reactions