Hermia and Puck

Hermia

Mar 4, 2022
Arizona
Parrots
Puck - Congo African Grey
Okay, so my name isn't really Hermia, but I thought it was fitting to choose a user name from the same Shakespeare play from which I took my bird's name. I have been following the forum since I first started researching the possibility of bringing a parrot into our lives, about three years ago. After tons of research (and I am a researcher by trade, so that's a LOT of research), I decided the perfect birds to add to our family would be a Galah (Rose Breasted) Cockatoo and an African Gray (Congo or Timneh, didn't matter). I searched for about a year for reputable breeders, then I found an aviary nearby and got on the list for the next hatching of greys. Six months later, we picked up our sweet Puck! That's his mug shot as my profile picture, taken right after he came home.

Puck has been with us for a year now, and that year has only increased our desire to add a Rosy to our family...if I could only find one within driving distance. I will be patient and diligent...Pippin, Sam (our toy poodles), Puck and their humans can't wait to welcome a new family member!

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Well hello there! Welcome! You've come to the right place!

D

Deleted member 42416

Welcome!

Look forward to seeing pics of your bebs!

Fantastic theme names too!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you, Puck, and menagerie! Thanks for joining and interacting with our wonderful community!

Finding a local Rosy may prove challenging, but research skills + patience bound to yield success!

OP
Hermia

Hermia

Mar 4, 2022
Arizona
Parrots
Puck - Congo African Grey
Thank you, all, for your warm welcome! I love looking at photos and hearing about your feathered families!

Most Reactions

Latest posts