HIIIYYAAA just wondering about something........

ringobird

Apr 9, 2012
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
is there any bird that lives for roughly 25-20 yrs is cuddly playful and intelligent? (just wondering):p ohh and he/her CANNOT BITE well, at least not that often and on purpose..

Last edited:

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
Green cheek conure!!!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Don't eclectus live like 50 years?

Oh ya and get a gcc!;)

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
Jenday conure, mine was a wonderful snuggler and I believe the age range fits ur description

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Green Cheeks, Suns and Jenday Conures. My Moms Senegal is quite cuddly and they live 25-30, and my friends Senegal is cuddly... With my friend. I have no experience with Ekkies.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
sorry if im a little biased but quakers are smart (learn lots of tricks, sometimes talk), cuddly, playful, and 25-30 years. they are a little feisty but i think that makes it more interesting, however they can be one person birds and be very territorial over their cage. i think the pros out way the cons though. another bird is the bee bee or canary winged parrot. they are very sweet, cuddly, intellegent, and live about 25-30 years :).
ringo bird...do you have multiple bird syndrome? the first step is acceptance, then buying another bird :D!

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Wait, you mean there are people here who DON'T have MBS (Multiple Bird Syndrome)?!?!? I've always had it :eek:

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
Wait, you mean there are people here who DON'T have MBS (Multiple Bird Syndrome)?!?!? I've always had it :eek:

lol i think everyone has it, but untill one accepts it and buys more birds they dont relize it lol :)

OP
ringobird

ringobird

Apr 9, 2012
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
sorry if im a little biased but quakers are smart (learn lots of tricks, sometimes talk), cuddly, playful, and 25-30 years. they are a little feisty but i think that makes it more interesting, however they can be one person birds and be very territorial over their cage. i think the pros out way the cons though. another bird is the bee bee or canary winged parrot. they are very sweet, cuddly, intellegent, and live about 25-30 years :).
ringo bird...do you have multiple bird syndrome? the first step is acceptance, then buying another bird :D!
I do have it but I only have one indian ringneck, I don't think my parents would let me get another......:(

osnyder

Sep 26, 2011
Philadelphia
Parrots
Stitch the Blue Crown Conure
Our Meyer's will rip you to shreds of he feels like it, so I'm not sure about the non-bitey part! I've been taught that any bird is potentially a biter and that getting into bird companionship is getting yourself into a life of potential injury, and that it cannot always be avoided.

but clearly plenty of us don't care :)

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Of all the birds i have, the cockatiel and rainbow lorikeet have the least hurtful bites. Only because the lori has a softer beak. Thats not to say it doesnt hurt, lol. I dont think you will find a bird who doesnt have the potential to give a harsh bite, the question is more which birds are less prone to biting. I think it all comes down to the bird and owner bond. Our cag has never bitten anyone hard, but he absolutely has the potential,the quaker is completely bonded to my boyfriend and oldest daughter and they can hang her upside down, cuddle with her and whatever they want, theres no way she will bite them, but if i tried any of that, she would latch on like a pit bull and not let go. The lori has bitten me once, when i had her food dish in my hand, lol, and she left marks. So, when choosing a bird, you cant be afraid of the bite or bite potential. Read this post. http://www.parrotforums.com/macaws/17545-rate-your-companion-bird-bite.html

Most Reactions

Latest posts