How can I encourage mother bird to feed her baby?

burdlova

New member
Joined
Dec 30, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
10
Parrots
budgies
Hi guys! My feather fam has recently had a new addition to their family and all has been going pretty well recently! I just need some advice on how I can get babys mom to want to feed him because she hasn't been feeling like doing so these past two days. Ive taken up hand feeding it because im sure mom could be a little tired since her baby is growing to need much more food now that its very big. Any tips on what I should feed her and dad so they can keep taking care of their baby? I usually feed them a veggie chop made with broccoli, cilantro, carrots, bell pepper, and celery but if theres anything else I should be adding to their food please let me know! Baby is very healthy so far but I just wanna make sure it doesn't get rejected by mom and dad so any advice helps!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260630_231711995_HDR.webp
    IMG_20260630_231711995_HDR.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Care
Reactions: AMD
i"m guessing its a budgie? most birds its the father that feeds them more as they get older. If its jumped out of the nest and is following the parents all over then they wont feed it every time it begs. you would need to check its crop to see if its getting fed. If you are only feeding veggies then you absolutely need to start feeding seeds or pellets as well. try offering the parents and baby seeds soaked in water to make them softer or a bit of boiled egg. with that age consider removing open water dishes since they are really clumsy and can drown.
 
Thank you so much for the advice! ❤
 
I would add some chopped hard boiled egg to the veggie mix.
 
How is it going?
 
Back
Top Bottom