Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
So this is something I have been working on but with no success. Maddox is around 8 months old if that helps. What are some tips and tricks that could get Maddox talking? Have any of you had success with a talking conure?

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I've known many people who succeeded with a talking conure. It's repeating, repeating and repeating. You can help using some kind of snack (eg sunflower seeds). This worked with Zenek and from what I remember it took a lot of time to learn the 1st word too.

Note: conures speech isn't as clear as eg amazons and you may not understand the first word at the beginning

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Albie says a few words ,in fact one of his first was "gentle " because I was constantly telling albie to be gentle.

As Rozalka said ,it's just repetition if it's something your bird wants to learn . I also think your reaction has a part too. If you get really excited and happy over something he says they want to learn more . At least with albie that's what happened. I never intended on teaching albie to speak because I knew going in conures aren't great talkers .

Albies voice is gravelly and sometimes it's hard to understand what he says (bath time and bed time sound sooo similar ) . With albie , I've noticed he learns the syllables first and then the sounds if yhe word if that makes sense ? His favorite words to say to us is "love you" but I think that's because we get happy and excited so he gets happy and excited so he keeps repeating it .

Most Reactions

Latest posts