How do i "UNteach" my B&G some words...

OP
MelanieAnn

MelanieAnn

Mar 31, 2012
Media
Mikey TN no on the padlock, he is 10 and has learned not to open the cage although he can! he knows better! and Molly great idea thanks! and Safira TK talks TO MUCH! haha how old is your BG? mine has a huge vocabulary

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Willie turned 10 last May and he still unlocks his cage even though he knows not to. BUT he doesn't go no where, I would come home to the cage door wide open and he's sitting inside looking at me going I didn't do a thing...lol....He only leaves his cage when I am home, when he's alone, he doesn't leave his cage ever....

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
By the way, I've had Willie since he was 2. He'll be 11 soon next month on the 20th.

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
Safira will be a year in June.. it took her 6 months to figure out how to scream, and she only does it once and I know it's not the full blast scream she could make if she really wants to. She's still figuring out her 'voice.'

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
Lucy, one of my CAG's, has a potty mouth. She says M*F*er and *itch and all kinds of things. She'll also play peek-a-boo with herself and go "badddd girl" But she only ever talks when I have my back turned to her

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Going to be a hard thing to change, because your son reacts and laughs. Mention to your son, when TK says shut up, he must not laugh, quickly tell you, then you offer your son a reward.

I suggest you try saying TK shuuuuu mommy loves you. It will give him more to think about that just shuuuuu, and might perhaps add shut up after shuuuuu.

Best I could come up with.

Most Reactions

Latest posts