LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

How To Post Videos.

Members now have several options when they wish to post videos, with external providers such as YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook likely still being the best option particularly for larger video files.

How To Link A Video From An External Provider

When you know which video you'd like to post, highlight the URL in the address bar, right-click on the highlighted address and select ¨copy¨...

htpv.png

Return to your reply box here at Parrot Forums, and select the "Insert Link" icon from the options on the toolbar (outlined here in red), and you will see the pop-up appear as illustrated...

htpv2.png

Right-click again in the pop-up window, paste your video's address, click "insert" and your video will initially appear as a link to the external platform...
htpv4.png

Once you are happy with the layout of your text and videos, simply hit the "Post Reply" button and your video will be embedded in your post!

htpv5.png

How To Link A Video From A Parrot Forums Album

Videos can also be posted directly here at Parrot Forums in your own Albums that you may have created, and you can link them from there into your own posts.

Select the video that you'd like to link from your album, and as before, highlight the it's address in the address bar, right click and select the option to "copy", as shown below...

htpv4a.png

Return to the post that you are creating, and again using the "Insert Link" icon (the one that looks like two rings linked together) from the toolbar, right click and paste the address of your video into the pop-up. When linking a video uploaded directly from your device into an album, it will show as a blue clickable link in your post, rather than being embedded as is the case with, for example, a YouTube video, and it will look like this...

https://www.parrotforums.com/media/the-crown-princess-and-eucalyptus-flowers.3547/

Members can then click the link and view your video straight from your own personal album.

Last edited:

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Videos can be uploaded directly from your phone, either in a new thread or as a reply to an existing one, via the following process. First, tap on the three vertical dots beside the smiley face in the reply box, as illustrated below...

nyvLGry.png

From there a series of icons will pop up. Tap the icon that looks like a video camera...

DRvB8CY.png

You will then be given the option to drop in a video from your phone...

Db6VYCn.png

Tap where it says (or click here) and you will be able to choose a video from the library on your phone.

Adding an album of photos and videos under your own personal account is covered off in the following tutorial, the process is virtually identical whether from a phone or a computer desktop...

My apologies for any gaps in the original info - it was all very new when I wrote it up! Please let me know if you need any more help :)

Last edited:

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Females, Lutino Indian Ringneck Missy and Silver Lavender IRN Gracie.

How To Post Videos.

Members now have several options when they wish to post videos, with external providers such as YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook likely still being the best option particularly for larger video files.

How To Link A Video From An External Provider

When you know which video you'd like to post, highlight the URL in the address bar, right-click on the highlighted address and select ¨copy¨...

View attachment 29690

Return to your reply box here at Parrot Forums, and select the "Insert Link" icon from the options on the toolbar (outlined here in red), and you will see the pop-up appear as illustrated...

View attachment 29691

Right-click again in the pop-up window, paste your video's address, click "insert" and your video will initially appear as a link to the external platform...View attachment 29692

Once you are happy with the layout of your text and videos, simply hit the "Post Reply" button and your video will be embedded in your post!

View attachment 29693

How To Link A Video From A Parrot Forums Album

Videos can also be posted directly here at Parrot Forums in your own Albums that you may have created, and you can link them from there into your own posts.

Select the video that you'd like to link from your album, and as before, highlight the it's address in the address bar, right click and select the option to "copy", as shown below...

View attachment 29697

Return to the post that you are creating, and again using the "Insert Link" icon (the one that looks like two rings linked together) from the toolbar, right click and paste the address of your video into the pop-up. When linking a video uploaded directly from your device into an album, it will show as a blue clickable link in your post, rather than being embedded as is the case with, for example, a YouTube video, and it will look like this...

https://www.parrotforums.com/media/the-crown-princess-and-eucalyptus-flowers.3547/

Members can then click the link and view your video straight from your own personal album.
How do I reduce in size a video from my computer that is too big? Any ideas? I don't want to have to come from FB to do so as I might be losing Fb soon.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
How do I reduce in size a video from my computer that is too big? Any ideas? I don't want to have to come from FB to do so as I might be losing Fb soon.
How large is your video? So you don't have to lose any of it, your best bet may be to upload it to your Youtube account. You can then share it here regardless of size.

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Made it smaller via VLC but it's still too big.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Made it smaller via VLC but it's still too big.
I'm sorry you're still having trouble, MissMac. There's a limit on how big files can be if you're trying to upload them directly from a device over to the forums. For anything longer than a few seconds they're best uploaded to an external platform like YouTube or Vimeo and then linked from there.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I tried from YouTube but all that shows is a black screen with audio. How do I add files to my profile?
Do you have an existing video on YouTube that you're trying to transfer?

Larger files can be uploaded into an album and linked to a post from there. Instructions on how to create an album and how to add images and video to an existing one can be found here :)

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Do you have an existing video on YouTube that you're trying to transfer?

Larger files can be uploaded into an album and linked to a post from there. Instructions on how to create an album and how to add images and video to an existing one can be found here :)

Brilliant thank you for that beautiful. I added a link to a forum reply yesterday and I think it worked. Just waiting for a reply to see if it did. Will try to add it to my gallery now.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
No wurries, MissMac, I hope it works! 🤞

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Ok, this looks like you might perhaps have uploaded the video to YouTube but listed it as "Private", so that nobody else can see it. Can you upload it again and list it either as "Unlisted" or "Public"? Then we should be able to view it - I hope!

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
I just added what I just uploaded to my albums/media and I see it now opening via the link I shared here too. I am hoping that by adding them to my files I won't have any difficulty adding them to future threads.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I just added what I just uploaded to my albums/media and I see it now opening via the link I shared here too. I am hoping that by adding them to my files I won't have any difficulty adding them to future threads.
Yes I see this one in your album, just uploaded today :)

All you need to do to link a video like this from your album into a post is copy the URL and paste it into the post you want it to appear in. Other members can then just click the link and view it in your album :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts