I have 2 lovebirds but one of them Fight each other.

Lovebird112

New member
Joined
Feb 14, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,I have 2 lovebirds.One of them female 6 years old and the other one is our new nember 2 years old male lovebird.They have seperate cages on the table.Whenever I let them outside, the female bird constantly attacks the male.
But the male bird never attacks and He wants to spend time and play with the female bird.
I am waiting for help from knowledgeable people to prevent the female bird from attacking and ensure the two birds spend time together.
 
Hi there,

I’m sorry you are having issues with your parrots attacking each other. Some parrots will never like each other despite efforts from their humans to help them be friends. It’s unfortunately not something we can choose, or make happen. If they are attacking each other I would let them out separate for now. Let them see each other but in separate cages. Train with each parrot one at a time for now (leave one in the cage for the time being when you have the other out). Eventually try to train with them on separate stands with both out. It’s a great distraction from each other in the same room, and with both being out. Move the stands closer as time goes by. Not the same day but bit by bit. If one flys to attack the other you know it’s still not safe to have them out together. I hope something in here helps you.
 
Im no expert with lovebirds but I've heard that when you have one and get another it's either love or hate and neither result is good for the human unless you want to breed them. If they love each other it apparently messes up the bond with the human and if they hate each other the human has a lot more work to do keeping them separated.
 
Back
Top Bottom