Parrot Mommy of 8!

Jenwade

New member
Joined
Aug 18, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
15
Parrots
Athena, Bob, Paisley, Chrissy, Yofi, Nala, Mirabella
I am a proud parrot mommy of 8 birds (one of my babies is a dove, but he can pretend to be a parrot, right?) I have a pineapple green cheek conure with splayed legs, Yofi. He is about 8 years old. Actually, we don't know if he is male or female. His condition is fairly mild, so with some modifications in his cage, he can live a fairly normal life. I also have Athena, my Congo African Grey. Athena is 11 years old. I have had her for her entire life and she is very spoiled. She thinks that she is a princess. Bob and Paisley are my eclectus parrots. Paisley is about 8 years old and Bob is roughly 35. Bob is a rescue and previously lost most of his feathers due to poor diet and cigarette smoke. He has regrown about 75% of them. Nala is the baby of the household. She is another rescue at 3 years old. She is an Indian Ringneck and is super sweet. Oliver is my dove. His age is unknown as we didn't know old he was when we adopted him. We have had him for at least 10 years. At this point, I believe he is immortal. Chrissy is my double yellow crested amazon. She is also a rescue. She is blind in one eye due to a congenital abnormality. She is also approximately 35 years old. That brings me to Mirabella. Mirabella is my 47 year old blue and gold macaw. I adopted her 2 years ago. She is super sweet. With me. She does like to dance with other people though.

In my "spare time" I travel with my birds to events and teach with them. I have done petting zoos, Vacation Bible Schools, birthday parties, and events in public schools and more! I use the birds as object lessons, tailoring my lessons to something about them, and then afterward, the kids (and adults) can have social time with the birds. With the exception of Mirabella and Chrissy, who have the "one-person bird" attitude, the birds are very social and can be handled easily. Mirabella and Chrissy also attend, but are there to just be looked at. They all have a lot of fun at these events.
 
Sounds like you have a beautiful and very spoiled flock! Please post pictures.
 
WELCOME to the forum! You and your parrots sound amazing! Would love pics.
 
Sounds like you have a beautiful and very spoiled flock! Please post pictures.
Here is my flock! They are all very spoiled!
 

Attachments

  • Athena.webp
    Athena.webp
    113.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Bob and Paisley.webp
    Bob and Paisley.webp
    149.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Chrissy.webp
    Chrissy.webp
    99.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Mirabella.webp
    Mirabella.webp
    373.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Nala.webp
    Nala.webp
    139 KB · Views: 75
  • Yofi.webp
    Yofi.webp
    83.8 KB · Views: 51
Beautiful! Look at this months POTM. Your Chrissy pic looks good enough to be entered.
 
Watch out for that Amazon - double yellow heads universally hate me on sight! AAaahhh - he's comin for me! I can tell!

Welcome to the nut house!
Cockatoos are like that with me! Lol!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: AMD
I bet you enjoy your travel time. Nameliss my CAG prefers mass transit over the car. There's places she's known. She wears her harness and visits. She loves people watching. Enjoys talking to strangers. Making weird noises to watch reactions. I find myself giving lessons. I especially stress reading and checking forums. Nameliss refuses to be touched by strangers. I've wondered how she would do traveling like that. To often sitting waiting for the bus. I hear blowing kisses, wolf whistles, seductive noises, looking around I know what I will find. A young good looking man looking at me. I turn the carrier around pointing to the feathered grey flirt. My answer is always unequivocally no.
 
Wow! You've got quite the collection of lovelies! I have 6 birds myself, including Yvons, my Grey.

Welcome to the forum!
 
  • Love
Reactions: AMD
Thanks for the pic's!
 
I bet you enjoy your travel time. Nameliss my CAG prefers mass transit over the car. There's places she's known. She wears her harness and visits. She loves people watching. Enjoys talking to strangers. Making weird noises to watch reactions. I find myself giving lessons. I especially stress reading and checking forums. Nameliss refuses to be touched by strangers. I've wondered how she would do traveling like that. To often sitting waiting for the bus. I hear blowing kisses, wolf whistles, seductive noises, looking around I know what I will find. A young good looking man looking at me. I turn the carrier around pointing to the feathered grey flirt. My answer is always unequivocally no.
They do love our travel time. They all behave well in the vehicle. Nala, the IRN, is the only one that isn't quite used to her crate yet. But she is my newest and has only been to 2 events so far. She fusses a little going into the crate, but is then fine.

Athena, my CAG, is very shy with her words. She does talk, but mainly for me. Her whistles and things are a bit different. She makes so many sounds! When she sees me on my phone, she makes a tapping sound, like she is texting with me. She barks at the dogs. She whistles any time someone calls for one of the dogs. I have 6 human children, 5 are adults. Of the 6 of them, 4 of my adult daughters are obsessed with Phantom of the Opera. They have taught Athena the aria in that musical. She whistles it with perfect accuracy all the time!

When we do events, I give rules for socialization. No petting! And if anyone wants to hold one of the birds, I have to put the bird on them. The macaw and the amazon are off limits, but the others are very social. I just tell them that the birds know my hands and not theirs. My eclectus parrots, especially the male, and my dove will even let small children hold them without reservation. I have done many preschool and toddler events with them.
 
Welcome! Beautiful flock! Sounds like my dream job to travel around with a bunch of birds.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom