I have a watchbird!

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Skittles, my little pineapple GCC, has his cage by the front window. Whenever anyone approaches our door, he immediately issues an alarm call to which my 4 German Shepherds join in. How such a little itty bitty guy can be such a little big shot watch bird is utterly adorable to me.

My birds did this same thing the other day! My uncle came up to the door and set off all 7 birds in my room. They would have definitely scared off any intruders! No need for a watchdog when you have a tiny fluff ball on the watch..

The funny thing is that it's only Skittles 'protecting' the house. The other 6 fids remain quiet, even though they all can see out front!

That would be my 40 yo Lilac Crowned Amazon.

She sits in the window, and we know if there is someone in the neighborhood who doesn't belong there.

She does the same thing when she's in the tree in the front yard. Alerts us when anyone is approaching...

Pirates supposedly were fond of parrots because you couldn't sneak up on one...

That's funny... My little Yellow-Sided GCC will not only scream, she will fly to the back of the person's neck and bite non-stop.

I have a distant cousin who is not a very nice person to his own family. For some reasons, my Lily doesn't like it whenever he visits. As soon as he walk through the door, she is all over him, bitting the crap out of his neck, until he back out of the house. Surprisingly, Lily doesn't do that to his wife or children:rolleyes:. On many occasions, Lily attacked people that we'd rather not come to our house. She would bite and chase them out of the house and fly back inside (I can leave my door wide open and she wouldn't never fly out and not come back inside). She doesn't do that to people that we know are nice. We are embarrase sometimes and dismissed Lily as been like a dog who attacks all strangers who comes into her space. Whenever those people that Lily doesn't like come over, we have to lock Lily in her cage. We don't dare tell them this little secrete intuition about Lily.

When Lily stayed at my parents' senior home in NC for 5 days, she didn't let just anyone put their fingers in her cage to pet her. We knew why, but we didn't dare tell them the truth.

Alternatively, my little guy "shhhhhhh!"s the dogs when they bark at company. :p He just gets excited at the idea of a new person who might play with him.

My conure does the same thing, especially when I'm not home. He hangs out by the front window on a lampshade and watches out the window. The mailman get screamed at, and everybody that walks by (usually dog walkers). He will signal a loud alarm at the sight of any human lol! I should mention it to my homeowners insurance, maybe I'll get a deal :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back