I lost maggie tonight!!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Maybe this bird needs you .Could have been loved at one time and has a memory.You are the Macaw guy :)

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Maybe this bird needs you .Could have been loved at one time and has a memory.You are the Macaw guy :)

I worked with this bird for about an hour. But frankly, I have enough to do with an untrained baby in the house, and my other "high attention needs" birds. This one would be a project. And it wouldn't be fair to my existing flock....

happy410

Jul 23, 2015
ALABAMA
Parrots
Happy, DYH Amazon
Tesla, Blue & Gold Macaw
Sorry Mark. We were all hoping this was Maggie. I noticed since this thread was started it has had over 65,000 views. That just shows how much Maggie is missed and hoping you two will be reunited one day.

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Mark ... you made a facebook post with Maggie's info a long time back, but it seems to be only visible to your facebook friends. If you could change the privacy setting of the post to public, I would share it and ask for friends to pass it along, and I'm sure everyone here would do the same. Maggie can't just disappear. She must be out there.

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
So sorry to read it wasn't her.

I just keep thinking about an African Grey I read about called Nigel. He was from Torrance California (he had a British accent,) went missing and turned up 4 years later speaking Spanish!

Though I truly hope you are reunited with your Maggie much sooner

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus
That's awful that it wasn't Maggie. I hope to see you post that you have found her some day. Good luck.

Loko

Oct 1, 2016
Miami
Parrots
Sun Conure - Loco
Mark ... you made a facebook post with Maggie's info a long time back, but it seems to be only visible to your facebook friends. If you could change the privacy setting of the post to public, I would share it and ask for friends to pass it along, and I'm sure everyone here would do the same. Maggie can't just disappear. She must be out there.

I would happily share it to my friend in Texas, its real easy you just hit the little arrow on top right of post and then privacy settings and then make sure everyone can see it. This expands views astronomically.

Mamaof3

Jan 25, 2016
Queens, NY
Parrots
Twix-Female Parakeet, Twizzle-male Parakeet, foster mommy to my mom's galah- Rosey
Im so sorry mark. I was so hoping that this was maggie.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

I thought it was public.
:11:

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon

I thought it was public.
:11:

Well, I found your fb page, but it said to ask to be friends in order to see your posts. I scrolled down as far as I could but couldn't see they post. If you click the little down arrow on the right top of the post, where it says edit, it will show if it's private, or friends. Maybe it would be easier to repost, or make a new post, and make that public? It's just that it's a big world, and so many animals come home in miraculous ways, and everybody and their grandma is on facebook... enough shares and who knows where it might reach.

I'm sorry that it was a false lead, today. It sounds like there have been many of those. Where there's smoke, there's fire ... birds show up all the time... new people sign up for forums...people meet people ....

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Okay. I think I fixed it. Please share...

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Mark, I'm so sorry that bird wasn't Maggie. But at least now we've learned that the Maggie post was set to private. (Good eye, Kentuckienne!) Now that you've changed the setting, so many more will be able to see it.

We're all still hoping/praying for a reunion between the two of you, brother!

Tangie

May 10, 2013
Maine
Parrots
Kiko; A cockatiel.
Tangie; My beloved Sun Conure who passed away in May 2013
I have been following this for a while, and just have never responded. I was SO hopeful this was Maggie, and it was such a serious let down that it wasn't her....But I feel FULLY confident you will eventually find her. She is out there somewhere!!! Even if we have already shared, continue to bump it up by sharing again!!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Mark, I am so sorry that it wasn't her. Praying that the next call will be.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
It's been a year.

I love baby Ruby dearly, and she's as sweet and mushy and playful as they come.

BUT Maggie is simply not replaceable... I still miss her terribly.

Someone has her. At least I know she is alive. I just hope that who ever it is, is taking care of her, and that she's happy, and healthy, and loved...

She's one of the most loving creatures on this earth. I would hate to think that who ever took her is mistreating her. BUT I also know all the local avian vets. She hasn't been to one in a year. I know the good groomers in the area. She hasn't been seen by any... and those facts alone, and knowing how she hated to be caged, and very likely, is... BREAKS MY HEART.

Nothing I can do. I try not to think about it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts