i want it now

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
alexandrines : Oxy, Bruno, prince (was princess)
every afternoon around 4 i give oxy half a cob of corn (husk on), this afternoon i was running a little so he sat on his cage screming at me. igo get his corn and detatch the skewer i hang it from. half way thru the cob the skewer gets stuck and i need my partner to push it the rest of the thru. so im standing in the middle of the lounge room screwing the nut on and to my surprise oxy flies out and lands perfectly on my hand and starts eating his corn.

how i love him so much, so active and confident the past few days and has also taken a liking to my partner, kinda makes me jealous

Evanskiver

Jun 11, 2011
Villa Rica, GA
Parrots
Tyrael - Alexandrine
Reptar - White Fronted Amazon Rescue
Don't feel jealous! Our Alex is happy to see anyone that might have a treat lol. Tyrael (our alex) is happy to fly around the room and lands on our shoulders cleaning us until someone gets something to eat, or atleast something she feels can and should be eaten, and will then go to that person and attempt everything including getting he head in between my SO's fork and her mouth so she can't get the fork pas her lol.

This breed absolutely makes my day, I can always depend on Tyrael to brighten my mood with her antics, which usually includes using a bell as a hat or ringing it non-stop looking very pleased with herself.

Tyrael has somewhat chosen a favorite in the family but I feel that this is more a result of not showing dominance in the beginning. My SO tried to put Tyrael away 5 times the other night just to have her fly back to her perch. I got up and she stepped on my hand and went into the cage without a chirp of defiance. So, while your Alex may warm up to some other people, if she is your bird and you bonded, then you will always be her favorite :)

Sorry for the wall, just got carried away talking about my bird lol

OP
gemini84

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
dont apologise, i love hearing about other's alex's. they are a beautiful bird and my fave small parrot. oxy has bonded with me, but i make it very clear to him that i am the boss, where as my partner lets him get away with murder.

my baby has only just started the whole if your eating it i want it stage, and i love it... he may start eating vege's now. although if i was playing something he has always wanted it, espec my phone in which i accidently left in his room the other day for 10min and now has missing bottons.... little terror.

i would not trade my baby for anything, i love animals but it normally takes a bit for me to become attached. but oxy had me hooked the day i went to the breeders to pick out a baby. out of the four there he was the only one to come to me without hesitation and did not want to leave me after that. i only had a week to wait till i could take him home but it felt like a lifetime.

no matter my mood he too also cheers me up with his little chattering trying to talk etc.

Rrussel9

Nov 27, 2012
Villa Rica
Parrots
Tyrael-Alexandrine
Reptar-White Fronted Amazon
Holly-Congo African Grey
I'm Evanskiver's significant other, Tyrael loves to bully me. It is a little embarrassing and I'm working on getting it to stop. She's so damn cute though. An hour or so ago, I had some left over tots on my desk and she was trying her hardest to get to them, I would shoo her away every time. Apparently I didn't shoo her quick enough on the last time because she flew back to our other bird's cage and stood there triumphantly. It was hilarious.

I am so glad she hasn't picked the keys off my keyboard yet, she has stolen the dial for the fan that I have on my desk. I have to use a fork to turn it on now.

I found this a while back and it is so accurate!

Parrot Property Laws

1. If I like it, it's mine.

2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.

3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.

4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.

5. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.

6. If I'm chewing something up, all the pieces are mine.

7. If it just looks like mine, it's mine.

8. If I saw it first, it's mine.

9. If you are relaxing with something and you put it down, or if you are playing with
something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.

10. If it's broken, it's yours.

OP
gemini84

gemini84

Oct 27, 2012
north qld, Australia
Parrots
a few years ago i had another alex and those truley did apply to her.

buttons on my remotes, printer, laptop, my bourbon cans (i had to change brands) printer cables. you name it, if i needed it or used it she would chew it.you would think i would have learnt not leave valubles unnattended around them.

now oxy has found a fascination with my fish tank and fish. i have flyscreen over it (was to prevent thecat from getting them) and oxy will walk around on the screen following the fish and try to get them. this morning when iwent to get him off he decided to become territorial over it and i had to use a stick to get him to step up onto.

Rrussel9

Nov 27, 2012
Villa Rica
Parrots
Tyrael-Alexandrine
Reptar-White Fronted Amazon
Holly-Congo African Grey
That really makes me wonder what happened to our beta fish... We had him only a month and he was fine the day before, and we walked in and it was dead. I'm starting to thing Tyrael had something to do with it.

Most Reactions