Idea what’s going on here?

Tmarshall

Oct 13, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure and parrotlet
Does anyone know what my nanday is doing . He has an infatuation for licking the cutical of my thumb nail and if uou attempt to move it he will bite or grab you with his foot and squeeze to hold you still, quiet funny!! Oh he also saw himself in video and gave kisses lol

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Parrots enjoy "grooming" their people, often object to "interruptions!" You simply must wait until they are sated! 😂 They are extraordinary visual and will react to video presentations on TV, computer monitors, smartphones.

OP
Tmarshall

Tmarshall

Oct 13, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure and parrotlet
Parrots enjoy "grooming" their people, often object to "interruptions!" You simply must wait until they are sated! 😂 They are extraordinary visual and will react to video presentations on TV, computer monitors, smartphones.
He is a sweet boy, transition for him is take a bit longer as his previous owner surrendered him because he is noisy, the the place that had him kept him in a small travel cage, on colored pellets so exposing him to a big cage , toys and veggies is taking a bit. He is also very clingy but if I am doing things in kitchen or living room I have him on a near by perch to get use to being ok being close by which seems to work as well with him eating his veggies .

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
this is very interesting to me. Because I worked with a severely neglected nanday medical foster.

It had been so starved for attention, that it obsessively preen my fingers in the way you show yours. But more so as in couldn't stop, stripped the skin around my fingernails till I bled. But it was just trying to bond and show friendship.

Perhaps yours has bern a little starved for attention too. With time and affection hopefully you can redirect. To give a kiss, to let you preen head feather, to take a treat. Anything to be a little less focused on preening you. Some is great! But then let's move on lol

Yours is adorable!!! Wonderful that you are a great match! Looking forward to more shares and stories

OP
Tmarshall

Tmarshall

Oct 13, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure and parrotlet
thank you , he is a character and surely a lover because he often leans into my neck or cheek and makes kissing noises . Also I had noticed if he bites me and I say ouch! He stops then leans down and makes kissing sounds right over the spot he bite for which I tell him thank you all better. Lol

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I don't know what your nanday is doing but he is cute! I didn't realize how large nandays were.

OP
Tmarshall

Tmarshall

Oct 13, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure and parrotlet
I don't know what your nanday is doing but he is cute! I didn't realize how large nandays were.
Lol neither did I until I had JJ (my sun conure) standing close by Marty (nanday) for a couple of days all my husband could say was “wow he is a big bird wow, he’s much bigger “. Lol had to tell him and? Lol but is he a character boy oh boy

OP
Tmarshall

Tmarshall

Oct 13, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure and parrotlet
Update : Marty still is licking my fingers and is insessively but he has made a new friend which makes me happy I love that they are friends
AA652F51-5537-4E76-A74E-18FC3796FDB1.jpeg
3B45A594-BB56-48AC-89DB-9F9D2DE48DD2.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Awwww, they are very cute together, it's so good to know they have become friends!

You might even consider entering them in this month's Photo Of The Month contest, the theme is "Constant Companions" and it just might be right up your proverbial alley....just sayin' ;)

OP
Tmarshall

Tmarshall

Oct 13, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure and parrotlet
Awwww, they are very cute together, it's so good to know they have become friends!

You might even consider entering them in this month's Photo Of The Month contest, the theme is "Constant Companions" and it just might be right up your proverbial alley....just sayin' ;)

How do I do that

Most Reactions

Latest posts