Identifying Species of New Lovebird

CaseyR

Mar 30, 2013
Hi Everyone,

We recently purchased a lovebird, and have been greatly enjoying his company. 'Archimedes' seems to have adjusted very well to his new home, and has a great personality.

Throughout the past week, I have been looking up general information on lovebirds, but I haven't quite pinpointed which species he may be.

So far, I haven't been able to find a match that his white/purple coloring resembles, so I'm wondering if this may be a type of mutation. I'm quite new to all of this so any insights would be greatly appeciated! He's a great little bird, and we look forward to many years ahead with him.

Thanks!

Casey

537283_10100344326893845_1490249896_n.jpg

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I looked up on the web and found photos very similar to what you have....I think it may be a violet sable pied fisher lovebird, he is beautiful!!

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
So cute!!!!! I have no idea what color he is but he's a stunner for sure!

OP
C

CaseyR

Mar 30, 2013
Thanks guys! I Googled the name, and he looks very similar to that species; I think we have a match! Looking forward to learning about all things lovebird-related on here!

Casey

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Very pretty bird and welcome to the forum:)

Most Reactions