If I go nuts, it's all Kiwi's fault!!!!!

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Kiwi is trying to drive me crazy! :17: I moved her out of the aviary a month or so ago and into my bedroom, but her cage is huge and solid weld, so I couldn't fit it through the door or hallway when I moved her. I have other cages so I chose one that is the same size, but it bolts together, so I can easily dismantle it and put it in any room without having to tear down a wall. ;) Well the cage she is in now has little buttons that you push, while pulling the doors open. There is one huge door and four very large food bowl access doors. Well, Kiwi figured out how to open the darn doors and let herself out when I'm not there. So I pad locked the main door figuring that she wouldn't bother with the food doors....WRONG I ended up having to pad lock all 5 doors of her cage after several more escapes through the food access doors. :rolleyes: I went over to her cage last night at bed time to say goodnight to her and saw something shiny in her beak. I told her to drop it, which she did, right next to the OTHER nuts and bolts that she had removed from the cage! :eek: I swear she is intent on driving me to insanity! I have no idea what I'm going to do now.

Oh dear, I know I should laugh but I couldn't help myself :D :D that is just too darn funny. (It always is when its not happening to you) I often wonder how these birds got so darn clever, whats happening is, she see's the dogs, cats all out and roaming free and she wants to do the same.

Although Bucc hasn't opened his cage (while he's inside) but I have had to padlock the little guys cages, he will insist on opening the doors and popping in to eat their food. Good Job he's such a greedy little so and so, more interested in their food than them. lol. Not sure what he would do to them if anything, but haven't been brave enough to find out.

I do hope Kiwi starts to behave for you :D No I'm really not laughing Alison. :21:

It's okay, you can laugh, after all, that's all Kiwi has been doing since it happened. Laughing, then saying 'NO!' and then laughing some more. She really is a brat and a half! :D Good thing I love her so much. lol

She is a real character, I love her to bits :07: I do love a bird with character.

Hi Alison... Kiwi sounds like a mischievous one ;)
I did have a good laugh, one thing after the other :D
They should make bird locks, not sure they would help anyway.
Thank goodness you Love her so much.
Takes special people to keep birds.
Great day

My Greenwing, Auggie has totally dismantled his entire cage many times. The main door is pad locked, one food door has been removed (he broke the welds on the door hinge) and is now closed off with 4 stainless steel bars, the other 3 doors are bolted shut with 3/4" inch ss bolts with lock nuts, the top is held together with ss chains and large C-clamps. During his many escapes he has also managed to disassemble my 2 other birds cages. It's great fun! He now has a food bowl and water bowl that bolt on from the outside of the cage. He's managed to break them a couple off times each and they cost me about $10.00 each not including shipping. So I know what you're talking about.

I wish I could say that I feel your pain, but I gave up on Apache using a cage for anything other than amusement years ago. He "chose" to sleep on the shower curtain rod in the bathroom instead and he usually prefers to eat on the counter or at the table with me, since he usually prefers to eat off of my plate anyway.

We have come to an understanding regarding what is his and what is mine though, so we seldom have conflicts. :54:

Stealthammer...it's all his and you've come to understand that, right? LOL

I think that is soooo funny that they do that. Silly birdies! I personally don't have that problem but he does like to snap the buttons off my clothes.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back