Ignoring a User

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardsmells

Dec 2, 2011
Eastern panhandle of WV
Parrots
Kazi - 13 yr old yellow nape amazon rescue
Is it possible to ignore a user here? They're not breaking any rules or being overtly rude or anything, but they are raising my blood pressure and happen to post frequently in a forum I'm in quite a bit. It'd be nice if I could just put them on ignore so I didn't have to read their posts! :D

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
It's not a user here is it?
I guess you should just skip their posts instead of reading them, it seems fairly simple to ignore someone.

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
Go to USER CP at top of page. Then page down to SETTINGS and OPTIONS. Click on IGNORE LIST. Type their name in and click on OKAY. You will not see their posts but they can still see yours.
Is it me?
:52:

OP
lizardsmells

lizardsmells

Dec 2, 2011
Eastern panhandle of WV
Parrots
No, it is a user here. I am ignoring their posts, but I still have to 'see' them, you know? I think another forum I'm on has spoiled me because we can ignore users there and then we never see their posts. It's wonderful! :D

OP
lizardsmells

lizardsmells

Dec 2, 2011
Eastern panhandle of WV
Parrots
Go to USER CP at top of page. Then page down to SETTINGS and OPTIONS. Click on IGNORE LIST. Type their name in and click on OKAY. You will not see their posts but they can still see yours.
Is it me?
:52:

Thank you! And no, lol, it's not you! It's a relatively new user who just ruffles my feathers! :)

greycloud

Mar 21, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Parrots
Sammy-Umbrella Too-rescued,
Dexter-CAG-rehomed handicapped,
Sterling-CAG-rehomed retired breeder.
Sunshine-12 yo CAG-adopted
I was just joking when asked if it was me(but glad it is not!) I don't think it should be asked by each member if it is them. It is the OP's decision and desire and should be private. :)

GiosMom

May 12, 2012
I Can't believe you posted this...someone is irritating me too. I've been laying very low actually becuz of it.

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Is it possible to ignore a user here? They're not breaking any rules or being overtly rude or anything, but they are raising my blood pressure and happen to post frequently in a forum I'm in quite a bit. It'd be nice if I could just put them on ignore so I didn't have to read their posts! :D

That's why i have been taking a break. LOL. Just have to walk away & come back when the blood pressure is lowered.:D

angiemw

Mar 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Eva, a Green Cheek Conure Hatched March 4th, 2012.
I'm a newer user. :( Please don't let it be me. LOL
(Then again, I'm not on the internet a lot so it can't be me)

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Ok folks, please stop the "is it me?" or I will have to close this thread. Thank you! :)

PortaPerch

Apr 28, 2012
SurfCity, SoCalif
Parrots
Chewbaca, F. Galah, h10/10;
Greybeard, M. Congo AG h03/09
Is the subject notified they have been put on ignore by some number of users? That awareness could improve behavior.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
A Member would not be aware if they were to be in your ignore list!

We are always here to help! and will always try and resolve any issues you may have :)

OP
lizardsmells

lizardsmells

Dec 2, 2011
Eastern panhandle of WV
Parrots
The moderator team is wonderful! And I can promise you, if you have to ask, it's not you :) I don't think this person has the self-awareness necessary to ask if they're being a problem!

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
Im guessing it's me but i hope it's not and if it is me sorry im just trying to get all the help i can from experianced bird owners so i don't mess up with mine

azdesertrhino

Oct 29, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
I was going to post a joke comment and then thought, "You're pretty new so don't be a smart guy."

vBulletin does offer that option through the user CP as someone already mentioned above.

If I remember right, you will see their name in the list of posts but not the actual post. I can't remember for sure, been a couple of years since I was a moderator on a forum.

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
This is bringing out the insecurities! Now I'm hoping it's not me!

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
FYI, for any wondering; the other way of ignoring a user is to click on that persons name, then to the left, just under their username you will see the pull down menu for "User Lists" and in that pull down menu, Ignore User is an option.

You know, for those of you wanting to put me on ignore ;)

caliopi

Jan 30, 2010
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
King Parrot
Personally I think threads like this question would have been better asked in a PM to a moderator as it has the ability to hurt someone's feelings and as Brianlinkles said, it brings out insecurities in others.

Paul, we are all here to help and we have all been first time owners and from my perspective I would rather someone asked questions and got the right answers than just tried to muddle along and possibly harm the parrot.

Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions