I'm back from AZ!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I just got back from arizona last night! I left here early friday morning and came back last night at mid-night. My mom, sister, and I went to look at houses because that is where we are going to move as soon as my dad retires, although if we find one we like we will buy it now and my mom and I will move in sooner(with all the birds).
It took 8 hours to get there with all the stops( my sister has a tiny bladder) and we got there at 2. We spent the rest of friday afternoon with a family friend going around town and shopping in all the little shops. We spent about 3 hours looking at a few houses Saturday morning and then we shoped around again for an hour or so.
The last house we stopped at I think is the perfect house because there are two "signs" that we should get it. One, when you first walk into the living room there is a huge painting of three macaws hanging on the wall, and two, in the garage there are a bunch of classic musscle car posters on the walls(my dad restores classic cars). So obviously I told my mom we have to get it.lol

Well here are some of the things I got in AZ that i thought I'd share with you guys... Oh and the last pic is a section of a leather belt I got.

Attachments

• P7.JPG
    P7.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 147
  • P1.JPG
    P1.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 95
  • P3.JPG
    P3.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 83
  • P2.JPG
    P2.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 95
  • P4.JPG
    P4.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
Sounds like you had a great trip .....and got some cool things!
Glad your back : )

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
All my babies are glad I'm back too! I walked into the room and they all just started to make noise and jump around, but oddly enough, the bird that was happiest to see me was Sully. He was saying beep beep like crazy, he was all happy and dancing around it was so cute!
It was hard being away from all my fids for two days but I'm back and everybody is flying around and back to there normal selves. They were all locked up for the two days so this morning they all got let back out.

My dog was so happy to see me too, he fast walked(he's an 8 year old, 200lb mastiff so he doesn't move too well), out of his dog house, grabbed his favorite toy and ran inside to slobber all over everyone.lol
My cat was more mad then anything because she was locked in the house for the two days and she is used to going outside most of the day. The first thing she did when we got home was try to escape!

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
I hope you had fun! I've always wanted to visit AZ, it seems so nice. I'm glad your back! (It seems your finds and, erm, other pets ;) are too!)

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
It is beautiful, most of it is desert but I went to the mountainous part of it. It's just a small old west like town where everyone has a horse and all the shop and resturaunts are family owned. If you go down town then there is an albertsons and a few chain resturaunts but for the most part it is just little shops. The house that I like is about 20 min outside of town where every property has a horse on it and you get your water from an electric pump/well.

It is so much better than where I live, a city that is way too over populated and there is no family owned shops, just chain stores. I live so close to my neighbors that I can here them turn the shower on, no one wants to know that much about their neighbors daily life.
Sorry I'm going on and on, I'm just so excited that I might get to move out there, and the best part is we would be three doors down from our family friend that showed us around town.

Last edited:

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
I hope you do get the house! I know what you mean about the shower thing. DX There's barely any non-chain shops, except for this nice ice cream shop. Now I really want to visit AZ! Can I come with you? Pleeeeeease? :21: I'll be good! ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts