I’m eating meat for the first time in 2 years!

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hey guys, thought I’d share.
I’ve been a vegetarian for 2 years now, but decided after much research I should have fish in my diet.
Into the world of the pescatarian!
Here’s a pic
2E9E82D7-65AA-4747-BC61-76313400175B.jpeg

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Careful, go slow with reintroducing meat. I've heard it can cause some serious tummy upsets initially. Hope it goes smoothly for you
I was just gonna start with once a week or so. I picked the smallest piece in the bag, hopefully!

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
That fish looks amazing! How did it taste after so long without eating it?
Well, it didn’t really have a fishy taste, its tilapia so maybe that’s normal?
I seasoned it with smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That sounds delicious! The fact that it didn't have a fishy taste is a bonus, in my book...lol

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Nice! I’ve never been a huge seafood fan; not anything that tastes fishy. I do love crab though.

I admire your vegetarian choice! I probably would have grown up vegetarian as a kid but my mom lied to me about where meat came from to get me to eat it…. :cautious: :LOL: I’ve always loved animals so much I never would have eaten it otherwise.

Good luck and hope the adjustment goes well.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Nice! I’ve never been a huge seafood fan; not anything that tastes fishy. I do love crab though.

I admire your vegetarian choice! I probably would have grown up vegetarian as a kid but my mom lied to me about where meat came from to get me to eat it…. :cautious: :LOL: I’ve always loved animals so much I never would have eaten it otherwise.

Good luck and hope the adjustment goes well.
Aww, how sad! So far so good!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Well, it didn’t really have a fishy taste, its tilapia so maybe that’s normal?
I seasoned it with smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
Fresh tilapia is very mild and yummy. Flounder, sole and haddock are also mild. Just make sure it's very fresh. Fish starts tasting fishy when it starts getting old. If it smells fishy before you cook it it isn't very fresh. It should smell clean and pleasant, like the ocean on a nice day!

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Take care!! Being around meat eaters again can be dangerous as they are more than willing to help devour with you! LOL!!
Very true! My family went out and bought fish and said I’ve gotta cook it for them!
Fresh tilapia is very mild and yummy. Flounder, sole and haddock are also mild. Just make sure it's very fresh. Fish starts tasting fishy when it starts getting old. If it smells fishy before you cook it it isn't very fresh. It should smell clean and pleasant, like the ocean on a nice day!
I didn’t know that! I’ll remember! 😅

Most Reactions