Internet Trolling - A Reposting for New Members

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
posts8.gif
posts6.gif
Internet Trolling For those of you that do not know what internet trolling is I want to give a little information on the topic. We have had trollers here on our forum in the past and will have again. This is a person that will enter into a blog or discussion forum for the specific purpose of causing trouble. They will present a point and look to get into a conversation for argumentative purposes. In the trollers mind they are always correct and everyone else is wrong. The best way to handle the troller is not to engage them at all because that is what they want. He/She is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them. He (and in 90% of cases it is he) tries to start arguments and upset people. If you suspect someone as a troll please send one of the mods. a PM saying "troll alert" and you can also leave that message as a response in the thread. This is not a free speach forum. That is why we have moderators.

So be on the lookout and recognize the troller. It is against forum policy and the troller will be banned!!

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Last edited:
OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Re Posted for everyone's information. When you feel that someone may be a troller the most important thing to do is not to engage them. This person will try to start an argument with you on any topic and may to sound like an expert.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
How come I always miss the important stuffs? LoL...

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
Will be sure to watch for that. Thanks

Figment

May 2, 2012
Chokoloskee, Florida
Parrots
Tico & Taco - Fishers Lovebirds
Lol....I definately see what you mean! There is one thread I was reading that is the Poster Child of Trolling.

What a waste of time! Don't some people have a life????

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
We don't call them trollers where I'm from to me there just trolls a pain in the butt who thinks there smart when there not I'll keep an eye out for you guys I can spot a troller from a mile off.

evesta

Mar 22, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
House and Wilson-Lineolated Parakeet Brothers
I think I missed it too but am very familiar with them. The worst I've ever seen are on pregnancy boards. Who would troll a pregnancy board???? Well, I guess if they were seeking drama they got it! lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts