Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I just think he's SO new yet that he's still "settling in" and not being himself yet. I'd let him have some R&R and some space until he gets more comfortable in the environment :)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
True, true. Good point. Early days, yet.

OP
Dinosrawr

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
I agree :) He's a very loving and fun boy, and he's got so much personality I can't help but laugh. I have the most hilarious video of him, but it's rather long as my mother wanted me to send her more videos of her "feather grandbabies" because she loves them so much, haha! He'll grab a toy, chew it apart, and then hop away proud of himself. It's so cute! Today we made a lot of progress and he's getting so great at sitting on our hands when we ask him to step up.

We'll wait and see what progress we make! I'm patient and was expecting this, and I always do my best to respect him and his body language. If he gets upset, I remove my hands and give him some toys to play with instead to make it end on a positive note. He's a very lovely bird and I'm very happy with him, even if I don't get cuddles from him. I've got Avery for that, anyways! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts