Introducing The New Adventures Of Princess Peach!! 💝

Poor LoveJoy, the ups and downs of royalty can be taxing. But, the both of them have got the looks to prove their status even without the jewelry on.

She is one beautiful girl!
 
The video quality is lousy because of the glare, but it was Peachie's sweet little warblings that I really wanted to capture 💖

 
Such cute little sounds. 🥰
 
Such cute little sounds. 🥰
She has such a sweet little voice when she's not screaming her head off cos she's just a bit too warm for Lovejoy's form!! :eek:
 
Interesting, as Peachie's sweet little warbling, catch HRH Julio's attention, as he flew over to see what girl has made it into his kingdom without his prior notice.
 
Interesting, as Peachie's sweet little warbling, catch HRH Julio's attention, as he flew over to see what girl has made it into his kingdom without his prior notice.

Well that doesn't surprise me one bit, Uncle @SailBoat, Peachie's voice is rather captivating after all. Oh and guaranteed I'll NEVER be able to capture this audio, but she's just started making kissy noises like Lovejoy too - so how jealous are ya NOW, @saxguy64?!!
 
My poor Princess Peachie has been ill, and even spent two nights in the hospital!! It all started on the 10th of May, which was a Sunday, because naturally things like this always seem to happen on a Sunday :( The poor little sweetheart had been behaving normally the day before, chasing the cockatiels around and wanting "relations" with Lovejoy, even my hubby remarked about how active she was when she got the zoomies! Come Sunday though she was so flat, lethargic, napping almost the whole day and not eating. Her vet now has an online booking service so I booked her in for the Monday but the only appointment left was at 3.30PM, actually I think I was lucky to get that at pretty short notice even though I hated the idea of waiting all that time for her to be seen. Monday morning came and she was no better. The vet called me not long after 9 to say they had a cancellation for 10AM and did I want to bring her in early. The clinic's not far from me but my hubby was at work so I had no wheels and so was reliant on getting a taxi, but you have never seen me move so fast! Based on a physical exam and my description of her symptoms they said they'd keep her in for at least one night, maybe two, while they did a blood test and waited for results. Thankfully the blood work showed all organs functioning normally but it did reveal she had an infection. How she got it I will never know but they started her on antibiotics and kept her in for a second night to make sure she continued to improve and was eating properly before sending her home. And based on how sick she had been on the Sunday, as much as I hated leaving her there, I had to agree it was the best thing for her. The clinic was pretty good, they called me every morning and evening to give me progress reports and they even sent me pictures :) Here she is from night one...

peachievet.webp


.... and from night two, looking pretty perky :)

peachvet.webp


They called on the Wednesday morning saying she was ready to come home! Here is the happy reunion between the two "lovebirds" - I wasn't quick enough with the camera to capture all the screaming that started from the moment I walked in the back door but I can assure you it was DEAFENING!!!


She finished her 10 day at-home course of antibiotics yesterday, and I have to say she was pretty good about it. Considering she's not the most hand-tame bird in the world I think she has forgiven me. It took her a few more days after discharge from hospital to come good, but she's eating like a horse again :) The cause of the infection remains a mystery since it seems to have come out of nowhere and the rest of my flock were and are just fine. She had a follow-up visit to the vet three days ago and another blood draw to check on her progress and everything is looking good. Needless to say I will be keeping a VERY close eye on her, and so will Lovejoy!!

IMG_2109.webp
 
I’m sorry to hear about the princess peach. It’s hard to see them get sick, and the feeling of hopelessness as it’s never discovered why. I’m just thankful she turned a corner for the good, and is eating again. Give her some extra love!
 
Awe, poor Peachie! I am SO glad she is home and better! Ona appreciates the reunion video and is cheeping at them both.
 
Poor Peachy! I'm glad she pulled through and can get back to more important things like shenanigans with her handsome man!
I’m sorry to hear about the princess peach. It’s hard to see them get sick, and the feeling of hopelessness as it’s never discovered why. I’m just thankful she turned a corner for the good, and is eating again. Give her some extra love!
Glad she's doing better.
Awe, poor Peachie! I am SO glad she is home and better! Ona appreciates the reunion video and is cheeping at them both.
Thank you all for your support, it means the world to us! Happy to report that Peachie continues to eat VERY well and is back to her usual flappy squawky mischievous self. And having regular "relations" with Lovejoy too - oh brother!! :rolleyes:
 
What a beautiful little girl! I was reading when you first spotted her and were thinking there is no space for another cage. There is ALWAYS room! 😁
We recently downsized homes and were of the mind of no more pets, there is no room. Well, my SIL had to re-home her birds due to respiratory illness, doctors strong recommendation.
We certainly didn't need more birds, have four others. But we made it work. Yoshi, OWA, and Monty, BCC, are a bonded pair, so that helped. I did have to upgrade their cage, which sits in the only available space, right in front of the closet door. 🤪. Luckily we don't need stuff from that closet often, but when we do, no big deal, cage has wheels.
Glad you found room for another cage.
 
What a beautiful little girl! I was reading when you first spotted her and were thinking there is no space for another cage. There is ALWAYS room! 😁
We recently downsized homes and were of the mind of no more pets, there is no room. Well, my SIL had to re-home her birds due to respiratory illness, doctors strong recommendation.
We certainly didn't need more birds, have four others. But we made it work. Yoshi, OWA, and Monty, BCC, are a bonded pair, so that helped. I did have to upgrade their cage, which sits in the only available space, right in front of the closet door. 🤪. Luckily we don't need stuff from that closet often, but when we do, no big deal, cage has wheels.
Glad you found room for another cage.
I'm glad I was able to make it work too, @RitzQuaker. Apart from being very beautiful, Peachie is SUCH a little sweetheart 💝
 
Somebody on another platform referred to their princess parrot as a “sherbet chicken”, and now I can’t unsee it! 💚🩵🩷💚🩵🩷

IMG_1834.webp
 
I believe that most of us give our birds handles. They fit their colors and personality. I love that..
 
I can fully agree with the Sherbet coloration, but the ‘Chicken’ part, that's a bit of a stretch as her lines are just too smooth to be referred to as a chicken! Love her all the same!
 
I can fully agree with the Sherbet coloration, but the ‘Chicken’ part, that's a bit of a stretch as her lines are just too smooth to be referred to as a chicken! Love her all the same!
She most certainly is much sleeker than the average chicken, Uncle 'Boats, but she clucks like one, 'specially around breeding season and we're heading for that again right now:rolleyes: Oh and it's WONDERFUL to have you back too, we've been missing you!! 💝💝💝
 
Back
Top Bottom