Introducing The New Adventures Of Princess Peach!! 💝

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
The proof of the eating is in the pooping!! :poop::poop::poop:
G'day I hope your doing well.
My princess parrot, Frankie, is settling in well, it's playing with my hair atm while shifty my tiel plays with my shoe.
I love how gentle Frankie is. She doesn't like head scratches but doesn't mind a few kisses. She's bitten my ear a few times but not out of anger, more of a test nibble to see how hard is acceptable and she's learning. She's exploring more and becoming more confident and her character is starting to emerge. Still watching her plumage closely to see what sex it is. Hope it's a boy but I'll be cool if it's not.
Her relationship with Shifty isn't the best. They don't bash eachother they squabble at close range but they accept eachother at a distance.
She has beautiful little chips and whistles but hardly ever makes them, I've never heard her full scream. Does your princess parrot make much noise? Any tricks to making her be more chirpy?
I'm going to take them both to the av vet after summer. Hope they're as healthy as they look

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Ohh my goodness. Shortly after saying that Frankie doesn't say much she serenaded me with the most gorgeous little tune while she perched on my shoulder against my ear. I didn't dare move or try to grab the camera as I didn't want to disturb her little tune. She went for a few minutes then stopped. Now she's at it again. So soft and sweet 🙂

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Ohh my goodness. Shortly after saying that Frankie doesn't say much she serenaded me with the most gorgeous little tune while she perched on my shoulder against my ear. I didn't dare move or try to grab the camera as I didn't want to disturb her little tune. She went for a few minutes then stopped. Now she's at it again. So soft and sweet 🙂
Awwwwwww, it sounds like Frankie is settling in nicely! They DO have just the sweetest little chirps, don't they? I absolutely LOVE the sound! Peachie was a bit quiet when she first arrived, she had a bacterial infection of some kind, most likely psittacosis though we tested her for it twice and it came back negative both times - the only remaining psittacosis test is apparently not as accurate as the one that is no longer being made :( But once we cleared that up she became MUCH chirpier, and I guess being surrounded by four other birds, three of whom are VERY vocal, might have assisted in her finding her voice too.

Peachie also does this thing with her head, i wonder if Frankie does it, where she'll lower her head and swing it around in a kind of figure-of-eight pattern. I CANNOT get it on video cos she never does it when I'm filming her, but it's awfully cute and I'll keep trying to capture it!

Cute Peachie pic for tax 💖

peachieprincess2.jpeg

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Not sure what's going on over at K-Mart right now, but I am ALL FOR IT!!! Just ordered these - aren't they nice?? :love:

View attachment 56902
View attachment 56903

Rb TALK.jpg

"Okay, here is nice pillow, cost
only three dozens green chiles
and 47-eleven dollars, send to
RBird, back window, knock twice,
third house on left. I will send
yer pillow to you by gmail, yeah
hehehehehehehehehehehehehe".

Untitled.jpg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Aaaaaaaaaand in late breaking news, Peachie has lost BOTH her longest tail feathers!! Coming in at a pretty impressive 23cm or 9 inches apiece ...

IMG_1521.jpeg

What's left still looks pretty long by regular standards, but is fairly "stumpy" for a princess parrot!

IMG_1527.jpeg

And no that pic is not from Channel 9 News, though i'm sure they'd be VERY interested! 😝

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Awwwwwww, it sounds like Frankie is settling in nicely! They DO have just the sweetest little chirps, don't they? I absolutely LOVE the sound! Peachie was a bit quiet when she first arrived, she had a bacterial infection of some kind, most likely psittacosis though we tested her for it twice and it came back negative both times - the only remaining psittacosis test is apparently not as accurate as the one that is no longer being made :( But once we cleared that up she became MUCH chirpier, and I guess being surrounded by four other birds, three of whom are VERY vocal, might have assisted in her finding her voice too.

Peachie also does this thing with her head, i wonder if Frankie does it, where she'll lower her head and swing it around in a kind of figure-of-eight pattern. I CANNOT get it on video cos she never does it when I'm filming her, but it's awfully cute and I'll keep trying to capture it!

Cute Peachie pic for tax 💖

View attachment 57243
I've watched Frankies body language closely and I haven't seen her do that thing with her head that you mentioned. I notice they have long necks compared to tiels and budgies and mine will extend her neck when she's curious much like a cockys raises their crests.
20240118_160800.jpg

Her wings are partially clipped. She can get around bit I'm letting her wings grow cos she's so tame already.
I say she but as you know I'm not sure yet just looking out for those 4 determining features; blue head, red beak, red iris and those funny looking spatula features.
20240118_160751.jpg

They keep their distance still for now. When they squabble its Frankie who wins out even though she's much younger. She has reach advantage with that neck and a more lethal looking beak and Shifty knows it that's why he backs down

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Aaaaaaaaaand in late breaking news, Peachie has lost BOTH her longest tail feathers!! Coming in at a pretty impressive 23cm or 9 inches apiece ...

View attachment 57260

What's left still looks pretty long by regular standards, but is fairly "stumpy" for a princess parrot!

View attachment 57261

And no that pic is not from Channel 9 News, though i'm sure they'd be VERY interested! 😝
Channel 9 news. Not a reliable source of info in my book but I'll accept those findings. 25cm tail feathers

You can't physically describe a princess parrot without mentioning their extraordinarily long tails. Looking at mine I see one is broken a bit but there isn't any blood so it's fine.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Channel 9 news. Not a reliable source of info in my book but I'll accept those findings. 25cm tail feathers

You can't physically describe a princess parrot without mentioning their extraordinarily long tails. Looking at mine I see one is broken a bit but there isn't any blood so it's fine.
Frankie has such pretty eyes! And I wish the hen birds got those REALLY long tails and the "spatulas" on their wing feathers too, it's just not fair that they don't!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
View attachment 57257
"Okay, here is nice pillow, cost
only three dozens green chiles
and 47-eleven dollars, send to
RBird, back window, knock twice,
third house on left. I will send
yer pillow to you by gmail, yeah
hehehehehehehehehehehehehe".

View attachment 57258

EPA (Environmental Protection Agency, aka Ersatz Pillow Alert) and BBB (Better Business Bureau, aka Bogus Bird Bulletin)

Okay, I had to haul out my thesaurus for that one

This bird is a fraud. Go to Walmart.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
EPA (Environmental Protection Agency, aka Ersatz Pillow Alert) and BBB (Better Business Bureau, aka Bogus Bird Bulletin)

Okay, I had to haul out my thesaurus for that one

This bird is a fraud. Go to Walmart.
How dare you, Rival!! My Peachie is the very personification of parrot perfection!! And YOU, sir, are just JEALOUS!!!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

View attachment 57260

View attachment 57261

Wow, one left and one right side feather, perfectly balanced molting. But, of course one could not expect anything different from this sweet heart.

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I was referring to the Rickeybird and his awful pillow!!!!!!!!!
The Peach IS a peach.
Pulchritudinous and Perfect Princess Peachie says to say "Thank you, you can be one of my favourite uncles again now" ;)

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Maybe my Peachie is just an "early bloomer", or maybe the presence of the little red headed rooster is unduly influencing her - princess parrots are not supposed to reach sexual maturity until around about the age of two years, and she would only be just over a year old by now. This has not, however, stopped her from what seems to be seeking out nesting spots, primarily above the window frames in the bird room, and being quite obsessive about it too. Therefore I have had to deploy counter measures like blocking off those spaces with bits of cardboard and rolled up sheets and towels to keep her out, and I've been stringing up plastic bottles so she can't get a grip and land up there in the first place. I've only done one railing with the bottles so far, there's another 5 to go, so soon the bird room will be festooned with them, but the good news is they are working!!

IMG_1533.jpeg

Follow me for more interior design tips!! :rolleyes:

Cute pic of Peachie enjoying her veg for tax!! 🥰

IMG_1535.jpeg

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Maybe my Peachie is just an "early bloomer", or maybe the presence of the little red headed rooster is unduly influencing her - princess parrots are not supposed to reach sexual maturity until around about the age of two years, and she would only be just over a year old by now. This has not, however, stopped her from what seems to be seeking out nesting spots, primarily above the window frames in the bird room, and being quite obsessive about it too. Therefore I have had to deploy counter measures like blocking off those spaces with bits of cardboard and rolled up sheets and towels to keep her out, and I've been stringing up plastic bottles so she can't get a grip and land up there in the first place. I've only done one railing with the bottles so far, there's another 5 to go, so soon the bird room will be festooned with them, but the good news is they are working!!

View attachment 57343

Follow me for more interior design tips!! :rolleyes:

Cute pic of Peachie enjoying her veg for tax!! 🥰

View attachment 57344
The things we go to and ideas we come up with all for our feathered friends 😁

Last edited:

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
princess parrots are not supposed to reach sexual maturity until around about the age of two years, and she would only be just over a year old by now.
Are you still unsure of Pechies sex?

Farnkie just bit me really hard. I had her in a hold cos I wanted to check her wings but she refused and bit me hard. She's not the touchy feely type like my tiel is

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Are you still unsure of Pechies sex?

Farnkie just bit me really hard. I had her in a hold cos I wanted to check her wings but she refused and bit me hard. She's not the touchy feely type like my tiel is
Peachie is most DEFINITELY a hen. The way she "presents" to Lovejoy, and has done since virtually day one of being here, is quite unmistakeable!! :rolleyes: :eek:

Most Reactions

Latest posts