Introducing...

Hurricane

Sep 6, 2010
Severus! He is my four month old baby yellow shouldered amazon. He just came home today so we are in the honeymoon phase and it's gooood.

He is such a little lover and the noises that he makes are adorable. It already sounds like he is trying to say things. Is this normal? He's such a ham.

Well, here he is!

deployment714.jpg

deployment710.jpg

deployment709.jpg

deployment716.jpg

Does anyone else here have a yellow shouldered?

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Welcome to you and the beautiful Severus! He looks like he'll be lots of fun to have around. It's possible that he's already starting to learn to talk-- some parrots do start fairly young.

OP
Hurricane

Hurricane

Sep 6, 2010
In the first photo, it looks like you just showed him the worlds biggest candy-bar lol. He is awesome ;)
:09:

Thanks guys! He's a total sweetie. Although, he does try to test me when he doesn't want to do something. Little stinker.

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
Welcome to the forum... he is very cute... I know you will be a great guardian...

OP
Hurricane

Hurricane

Sep 6, 2010
The little stinker is already giving me a run for my money. He has taken a liking to biting me. Pretty hard for no apparent reason. You can see the evil glint in his eyes when he does it too. Is it better to ignore such things?

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Hi and welcome to the forum, Severus is a cutie, I know we have quite a few active members with Amazons, yellow napes, double yellow heads, yellow crowns, red lords and blue fronts to name a few, but I dont remember anyone else that has a yellow shoulded zon, I hope you find the forum fun and informative, enjoy your stay :)

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
He looks like a Severus. Congratulations!

As for the biting...yes, just ignore it - as difficult as that can be at times.

OP
Hurricane

Hurricane

Sep 6, 2010
He looks like a Severus. Congratulations!

As for the biting...yes, just ignore it - as difficult as that can be at times.

I think I figured out why he is biting... I put on a fruity smelling lotion this morning...oops! :rolleyes:

Most Reactions

Latest posts