IQAir vs Rabbit Air

PsittacineLife

Jun 7, 2014
Does anyone on here have both an IQAir and Rabbit Air? I had 2 IQAir HealthPro Plus, and these are by far the best units I have experience with. I've had a variety of Honeywell units, and they stood no chance to the IQAir. Without the use of ionizers and producing ozone as a by-product or intentional means, these units would eliminate any smell I threw at them. One thing with the Honeywells, the odor of the environment they were filtering would 'stick' to them. Not with the IQAir, they always smelled as fresh as the day they were purchased, even several years later, and neglecting to change the filters (I utilized a foam pre-filter normally used in aquariums to collect the large stuff). I unfortunately made a decision to sell both the units and stick with honeywell because filter replacement was cheaper (I knew eventually I would have to replace them even though they lasted through so much neglect). After selling them, I soon realized what a mistake it was as my allergies got worse, and the house didn't smell so fresh anymore. I'm considering a Rabbit Air, but the filters are so small it seems like they don't have a very large capacity. I do really like they monitor air quality and will adjust accordingly. I think for the money, IQAir could afford to install a sensor but that's ok. One big difference is that Rabbit Air (and all other HEPA filters I have seen), only filter down to .3 microns, whereas IQAir filters down to .003 (smallest existing particles). IQAir is definitely more expensive, but you get what you pay for I suppose. I'm hoping someone has experience with both and can enlighten me! Thanks!

Most Reactions

Latest posts