Is it possible?

Katrina38

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Roscoe- english budgie
We have a 4.5 month old English Budgie who absolutely showed signs of being sick when he first came home (about 12 weeks old). Since he came home, he has had 2 full rounds of antibiotics and a couple vet visits. With that said, the little guy is quite a buster, alert, flying, eating well and living his best budgie life with the exception that he sneezes at least 10xs a day still. Is it possible, that just like other animals and humans he could just have a little spring allergies or something that causes him to sneeze (we purchased a really amazing air purifier for his main room as well) vs something being wrong with him? I don't want to constantly be stressed out that something could be wrong and I don't want to keep stuffing him with antibiotics/ vet visits. He is just coming around to trusting us again (after the last round of meds). Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? He also started his first molt a couple of days ago (but the sneezing was consistent before that started). Google doesn't help with the worrying about sneezing. I'm open to all thoughts and suggestions. Thank you!
tempImageVJFQmw.png

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
We have a 4.5 month old English Budgie who absolutely showed signs of being sick when he first came home (about 12 weeks old). Since he came home, he has had 2 full rounds of antibiotics and a couple vet visits. With that said, the little guy is quite a buster, alert, flying, eating well and living his best budgie life with the exception that he sneezes at least 10xs a day still. Is it possible, that just like other animals and humans he could just have a little spring allergies or something that causes him to sneeze (we purchased a really amazing air purifier for his main room as well) vs something being wrong with him? I don't want to constantly be stressed out that something could be wrong and I don't want to keep stuffing him with antibiotics/ vet visits. He is just coming around to trusting us again (after the last round of meds). Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? He also started his first molt a couple of days ago (but the sneezing was consistent before that started). Google doesn't help with the worrying about sneezing. I'm open to all thoughts and suggestions. Thank you! View attachment 39183
Show budgies often have breathing issues, heart problems, etc. It is possible that he has allergies. My recommendation is to turn on the air purifier on throughout the day(at least 1-2 hours a day) and also sweep the room regularly to get rid of dust, you want to turn on the purifier while doing this as dust often goes into the air while sweeping.

That is, if he has dust allergies. It could be multiple others. Does he sneeze more when eating specific food?

Sorry, I'm not a vet, I'm just trying my best to give advice..

Wishing you the best of luck!

Most Reactions

Latest posts