Is my Sun Conure depressed.

silverblaz3

Oct 31, 2023
Parrots
A pair of sun conures.
So, I was having am 3 month old Sun Conure female (Pixie) whom I was hand feeding and she has started self eating too. Recently due to some emergency of my friend I had to bring his 8 month old Sun Conure male for some days, and both the birds bonded really well and started staying in same cage. They stayed together for approximately 20 days and when my friend's situation improved he took back his bird. Now my sun female who was naturally very playful have suddenly got a bit dull. Earlier when she would see me she would jump all around the cage, but now she is gotten very quiet. Even when I bring food she doesn't look very excited. Now when I tried to hand feed , she would not be very interested, will take some handfeed and fly away and sit in a corner. I also introduced her to another 2.5 month old monk male (Rio) and both seem to have bonded very well. But Pixie is still very dull and is spending most of the day on the perch cuddling the monk. I miss her playfullness. Any insights on this will be helpful.

Attachments

• IMG-20231114-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20231114-WA0004.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 11

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
So, I was having am 3 month old Sun Conure female (Pixie) whom I was hand feeding and she has started self eating too. Recently due to some emergency of my friend I had to bring his 8 month old Sun Conure male for some days, and both the birds bonded really well and started staying in same cage. They stayed together for approximately 20 days and when my friend's situation improved he took back his bird. Now my sun female who was naturally very playful have suddenly got a bit dull. Earlier when she would see me she would jump all around the cage, but now she is gotten very quiet. Even when I bring food she doesn't look very excited. Now when I tried to hand feed , she would not be very interested, will take some handfeed and fly away and sit in a corner. I also introduced her to another 2.5 month old monk male (Rio) and both seem to have bonded very well. But Pixie is still very dull and is spending most of the day on the perch cuddling the monk. I miss her playfullness. Any insights on this will be helpful.
Awww-. How adorable! Perhaps you could dress up head to toe in shades of bright yellow and orange?

Seriously. She may miss her buddy but you can't get another Sunnie just to make her happy, can you? She will come around. Spend as much time with her as you can and try not to think about it. Make sure she knows you are her best Best Friend!

OP
S

silverblaz3

Oct 31, 2023
Parrots
A pair of sun conures.
Awww-. How adorable! Perhaps you could dress up head to toe in shades of bright yellow and orange?

Seriously. She may miss her buddy but you can't get another Sunnie just to make her happy, can you? She will come around. Spend as much time with her as you can and try not to think about it. Make sure she knows you are her best Best Friend!
I really hope so, can't wait for her to get back to her hyper active self.

Most Reactions

Latest posts