Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Basically, I thought (if there isn't already a thread like this, I couldn't find one!) that everyone could post their birds species and what age they are, the goal would I guess be to find the oldest of each species? I don't know if that's stupid, just throwing it out there 😊

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
The oldest in my flock(that I know the age of) is Sunny(show budgie), who is 3 years old.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Hmmm... the idea would be fine but to make it easier - maybe somebody would create a separated thread with a post with the list of the species we own with the name and age of the oldest one? + maybe a year of data because in two years some of them will be 2 years older and others sadly will pass away. Such post would be updated after each time we find an older bird. I mean, maybe something like with our names list - there's a separated thread with the list and another one for adding them and discussion.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Hmmm... the idea would be fine but to make it easier - maybe somebody would create a separated thread with a post with the list of the species we own with the name and age of the oldest one? + maybe a year of data because in two years some of them will be 2 years older and others sadly will pass away. Such post would be updated after each time we find an older bird. I mean, maybe something like with our names list - there's a separated thread with the list and another one for adding them and discussion.
Yes, so right now, Sunny is the oldest burd posted on this thread, but I'm sure you have an older bird, Roz.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Yup, all my birds are older than Sunny πŸ˜…
Angela (budgie) - 5 years
Zenek (GCC) - 6 years
Rozalka (the oldest Bourke) - 8 years

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Romeo is 13 (Cockatiel)
Tony is 4 (Quaker)

Maybe somebody else should do the complicated part πŸ˜…

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Ralph the Quaker parrot is 13, and Scooter the CAG is 18, based on what I was told by her original owner. Neither qualifies as the oldest around here.

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
So far list:
Budgie: Julius - 5 years, almost 6
Green cheeked conure: Ta-dah - around 10 years
Bourke's parrot - Rozalka - 8 years
quaker parrot - Penny - 14 + years
cockatiel - Romeo - 13 years
Congo African grey parrot - Scooter - 18 years

We all know, we have much more species on the forum. So far I don't see any sense of doing this what I have written earlier. Maybe let's just create a new post like this after each few new posts with updates. It would be easier to check this one post and few newer ones to find the oldest bird

Most Reactions