Is this cage appropriate for a GCC?

cboessel

Jan 23, 2015
Stuart, Florida
Parrots
Lucille the Pineapple Green Cheek Conure & Pike the English Budgie
Hello all! So, I am looking at owning a GCC in a year or so. I've always wanted one and have read books, researched, etc, but my husband and I have moved twice in the past year and I wanted to wait until we are fully settled before adopting.

I know they are smart and able to pull up cage doors, so obviously I would need locks, but would this cage be suitable, given their strong beaks? It says its for "parakeets, cockatiels, conures, etc" but those bars look awfully flimsy. I want a cage that is longer rather than tall, and also not a million $$, but I'm having trouble finding one. :orange:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NOC4IEK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A33A6BATCVSA0F]Amazon.com : New Bird Parrot Large Cage 32"x20"x53" Cockatiel Conure Finch Parakeet Senegal (black) : Pet Supplies[/ame]

I was looking at that exact cage for my green cheek. I think it is a very nice sized cage and the price cant be beat! Just make sure to secure those doors, because you are right it would be easy for them to figure out. There was also another cage that is VERY similar for $85 [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mcage-Parakeet-Cockatiel-Removable-Black/dp/B00C332AOG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_petsupplies_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1M1K0HMW9KB1TR000FC3"]Amazon.com : *Mcage* Large Wrought Iron Flight Canary Parakeet Cockatiel Lovebird Finch Sugar Glider Cage With Removable Stand #15 Black Bird Cage, 32-Inch by 19-Inch by 64-Inch : Parrot Cages : Pet Supplies[/ame] if price is a concern... Good luck!!!

Had that cage for years, liked it. If you can catch the right bird show, you will save$$$.
I tywraped every unused door.

Looks like a great cage. Go for it - the price is good too! :) I wanted to get that one as an outside summer cage for my fids.

That looks like a great cage! The bigger the better! And choosing a greenie is one of the best choices you will make haha! :D

My CBC is in this cage, and he loves it! We used zip ties on the doors:)

My one tiel has that cage all to herself. I love the cage and so does she. She is not the most active bird. The place I got her from did not ask me and did the one wing clip so they could tell her apart. After the first week I took her to the vet (she was tame by the first night) and I got them cilliped equally. She hadto teach herself how to fly and is getting better at it everyday. Now she is more active and moves around the cage more. Mine is white and I bought it instore at a local Pet Supermarket.

That looks like a great cage! The bigger the better! And choosing a greenie is one of the best choices you will make haha! :D

I started my GGC in a cage from the pet shop. too small. the bird is super active so I bought a larger one. He sure looked small in it, but now he's got a lot of room to jump, travel and slide.

They are super hyper active and do need a lot of space to play! Good thing he has a new bigger cage! :)

Edit: you should post pictures of your green cheeks setup if you dont mind! I LOVE looking at other birdies setups for ideas for mine, always room for improvement!

Holy moley good find on amazon! I've been hunting through Kijiji (canadian CL) looking for a larger cage for my GCC that wont break the bank but these seem solid!

I picked up one of these a few years ago:

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Liberta-UK-Ventura-Parrot-Medium/dp/B0033YLKDG]Liberta UK Ventura Parrot Cage, Medium: Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies[/ame]

Big enough for our Conure to fly around, and lots of room for toys; I'd buy another one in a second.

So I know this is a super old thread, but I just wanted to thank everyone for their input! I ended up going with a very similar cage:

A&E Cage Company Flight Bird Cage at PETCO

And I actually brought home a GCC, Lucille, a couple months ago! :) She is the best thing ever. I'll have to post some pics when I figure out how to, haha.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back