Is this cardboard ok?

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Hi folks,

I just wanted to double check before I gave Nico anything. From what I understand basically all cardboard is safe though? I want to make sure I get a second opinion, lol.

This is just cushioning that was in with some ikea furniture. Picture of said cardboard included

Attachments

• 77B10C6C-541D-433F-9812-1D0233DA96D2.jpeg
    77B10C6C-541D-433F-9812-1D0233DA96D2.jpeg
    580.2 KB · Views: 45

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
All cardboard is not made the same depending on its use and point of manufacturer. The statement that all cardboard is safe was a term that applies to shipping box cardboard and even there, exceptions exist. The specific 'spacer' (cushioning) cardboard you are considering using has at least twice and somethings three times the glue as shipping box cardboard. Where the cardboard and glue are manufactured and by whom is also a factor as that which is made in China can be safe to down right dangerous.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
All cardboard is not made the same depending on its use and point of manufacturer. The statement that all cardboard is safe was a term that applies to shipping box cardboard and even there, exceptions exist. The specific 'spacer' (cushioning) cardboard you are considering using has at least twice and somethings three times the glue as shipping box cardboard. Where the cardboard and glue are manufactured and by whom is also a factor as that which is made in China can be safe to down right dangerous.
Thank you for the thorough reply! I’ll keep that in mind for the future.

I’ll just throw out the stuff I saved then. I had wondered about the glue

Most Reactions

Latest posts