Is this movement bad??

TayKiren

Apr 11, 2019
Parrots
Parakeets
This is freaking me out. He did it for a few minutes and stopped. Is this extreme crop adjustment or something worse?? [ame]https://youtu.be/saNhG4RoQmo[/ame]

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I am NOOOOOT a budgie expert (although I have "owned" one)..To me, in this context, it looks like possible regurgitation or courting/mating behavior. DO NOT QUOTE ME, AS THAT IS A GUESSSSS!!!!

I hope others will chime in.

It really does seem like is is wanting to..."feed" your other bird...which is very sexual for adults, so keep that in mind and 500% remove any shadowy spaces etc.

OP
TayKiren

TayKiren

Apr 11, 2019
Parrots
Parakeets
Yeah, that's what it looks like, but I've never seen them do it so.....rapidly or with such large movements.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
again, wait for another reply, but it seems like that at face-value from a person who has never owned multiple budgies at once (again, not an expert--but seems likely).

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'd agree it looks like wants to regurge to the other one. I did have my boys regurgitate to each other before, it was much less exaggerated than yours tho. But I think this is a normal behavior.

I'd like to ask about diet? The diet might be a factor in the exaggerated, like harder to get up

OP
TayKiren

TayKiren

Apr 11, 2019
Parrots
Parakeets
Today they had spinach, bok choy, and dandelion greens with their normal seed diet. I then removed the seed and put in just pellets, as I am trying to transition them onto them. I just put seeds back in and he is eating.

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
I seen them regurge each other, so is normal. Likey won't be shock if it is a female and male if they mate shortly.

Keep trying to offer pellets they will eventually get use to it. Seeds are just to fatty for them.

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Yes, it is possible that it is regurgitation, but it is just as likely crop adjustment, especially as it was a one time event.

Pellets should be considered as supplemental replacing some seed, but not all.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Not familiar with budgies, but movement appears well controlled with no problem maintaining position on the perch. My guess is with all of the preceding comments!

Most Reactions