Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
When we can't see the entries anymore because we're too busy talking about large amounts of tissue boxes

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
thats how many you need at the start with all the special rescues Terry has! Good thing we don't have to compete against her!!
Awww, thank you for that. But mine would be no more competition than anyone else's:) Each bird's story is unique and all are worthy of winning. In fact, this may be the hardest month for me to vote of all time.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Pikachu story, not so sad , except for her amazing previous owner.

So Pikachu was offered as a re home here on the forum. Her previous owner joined just to find great homes for his parrots. He was in college with bad room mates, a very full course load, plus a part time job and a girlfriend. He loved and cared excellent for his birds. But it was just too much. He was re home 2 quakers and 2 cockatiels. I watched the thread, saw gorgeous Pikachu. But was sure homes would easily be found!!!! After a couple of weeks and increased urgency and begging. I decided I could make it work and stepped up to offer my home to Pikachu! Very shortly another member offered to take the cockatiels, and he found a local person fir the other quaker.

Road trip! We met halfway, 3 hours drive for each if us, 6 hours round trip for me.

Pikachu in my travel carrier on the road home. And first head rub after an hour or so.
We loved each other right off, and she easily joined flock and routine. And we continues to share a happy life together 3 years later.
Oh and she and Penny became best friend!!!
IMG_20191012_112008647.jpg
IMG_20191012_132254552.jpg

original_618b3c22-157d-4871-bffd-ce9cf43651cc_20210603_094631.jpg
20210208_112130.jpg
20210205_122958.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Pikachu story, not so sad , except for her amazing previous owner.

So Pikachu was offered as a re home here on the forum. Her previous owner joined just to find great homes for his parrots. He was in college with bad room mates, a very full course load, plus a part time job and a girlfriend. He loved and cared excellent for his birds. But it was just too much. He was re home 2 quakers and 2 cockatiels. I watched the thread, saw gorgeous Pikachu. But was sure homes would easily be found!!!! After a couple of weeks and increased urgency and begging. I decided I could make it work and stepped up to offer my home to Pikachu! Very shortly another member offered to take the cockatiels, and he found a local person fir the other quaker.

Road trip! We met halfway, 3 hours drive for each if us, 6 hours round trip for me.

Pikachu in my travel carrier on the road home. And first head rub after an hour or so.
We loved each other right off, and she easily joined flock and routine. And we continues to share a happy life together 3 years later.
Oh and she and Penny became best friend!!!
View attachment 33620View attachment 33621

View attachment 33625View attachment 33626

I love hearing a story of a bird who went from being loved in one home to being loved in another wonderful home. Pikachu also won by finding her best friend! I'm so glad you brought her into your flock, Laura. I think that was meant to be:)

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Here I have a JFF...
This is Dash's first time out of the cage, about three months after bringing him home.
I was his sixth owner.
Those two years with him were the best years of my life...
-640-0-5d8797ddbd8d8.jpg

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Dash is gorgeous! What kind?
I'm so glad he had 2 years of love and understanding with you. I wish you could have longer
Bronze-winged pionus, and thank you :)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I love hearing a story of a bird who went from being loved in one home to being loved in another wonderful home. Pikachu also won by finding her best friend! I'm so glad you brought her into your flock, Laura. I think that was meant to be:)
Its amazing for Penny as well. It took over a year for Pikachu to win Penny's trust. Penny didn't know how to be a burd and had lived alone her first 10 plus years of life. So it has been really healing for Penny.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Here I have a JFF...
This is Dash's first time out of the cage, about three months after bringing him home.
I was his sixth owner.
Those two years with him were the best years of my life...
View attachment 33627
Dash was so beautiful. I'm so sorry he was only with you for 2 years, but I'm so glad that he knew stability and love in those 2 years. I'm sure they were the best years of his life as well.
I love this picture, it's such a big step for them to come out of the cage for the first time.
There is something about Pi's that steal your heart, I know mine did.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Its amazing for Penny as well. It took over a year for Pikachu to win Penny's trust. Penny didn't know how to be a burd and had lived alone her first 10 plus years of life. So it has been really healing for Penny.
That reminds me of my Phoe and Jax. Jax wanted to be friends a long time before Phoe did, but they became so close after a few months. Jax still grieves for him, and will say his name over and over and look for him, even after all this time.
JFF, I can't mention them without showing them:)

6.jpg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
That reminds me of my Phoe and Jax. Jax wanted to be friends a long time before Phoe did, but they became so close after a few months. Jax still grieves for him, and will say his name over and over and look for him, even after all this time.
JFF, I can't mention them without showing them:)

View attachment 33630
Awww. So very special. Sweet Phoe. I'm so glad Jax won with love!
But kleenex need for his sad calling for his friend. Ouchie heart

That is how mine were. Such sweet wonderful parrots all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts