Jasper and his playtime routine:)

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Jasper- bare eyed cockatoo
Not quite as animated and adorably vocal like Mr. Folger and miss Ivory here on the forums, but I just love how my boy is coming out of his shell. I figure the day will come when my boy grows up and becomes the loud cockatoo I hear about frequently but so far he is a quiet guy who spends his day nibbling toys on his playstand, and his nights on his back in my arms with a fun foot toy:). Love this little soul!

First attempt at a video. Let's see if it works.

[ame=http://youtu.be/cSFfzxvz4gg]Jasper playtime - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Heh what? animated? who?:54::D

He is adorable! Neither of ours likes playing on their back:( I wonder if its a baby thing? Neither of ours are loud they talk more then they make loud noises. Even though Ivory will do her contact calls which can be quite ear ringing! I think the Bare Eyes are generally one of the quieter cockatoos.

Have you tried getting him to dance to music? Ivory and Folger love Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5!

Keep the pics and vids coming:)

OP
MangieSun

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Awe. Thanks:)

Jasper danced the first week he was home but I think it was nervous energy. He hasn't seemed interested in it since. I hope he doesn't grow out of the back play. I love that he feels comfortable enough to do that with me. And I may have got a cockatoo that doesn't talk. I guess time will tell on that one. Do you know when most small cockatoos start to chatter and form words?

Anne

Mar 1, 2014
The Netherlands
Parrots
Otto - Senegal Parrot born in 2006
Weekamp - Senegal Parrot born in 2007
Joris - Congo African Grey born in 2008
Suzy - Blue fronted Amazon born in 2009 or in 2006
Kwiebuz - Caique born in 2013
How cute is Jasper! Really loved the video. How cosy he lays there playing peacefully with his toy.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Jasper is adorable! He makes me just want to snuggle with him:)

OP
MangieSun

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Thanks everyone. At this point he has the personality of a snuggly kitten. Lol. He really has stolen my heart!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Jasper is beyond adorable.... he'll start talking when he has something to say or you forgot his fav treat!!! :)

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I'm not sure when they start to form words! I'm guessing they'd catch on to a word or two by age one but Ivory doesn't say anything besides hello and hello Ivory. I've heard the bare eyes aren't major talkers. I'm pretty sure Folger learned his from the other birds from the rescue and his name from the constant repetition.

The day he says his first word is going to be exciting and surprising:) Lets hope he doesn't pick up on any bad words;) I curse a lot and I try to curb it recently when Folger can hear me but I'll slip and freeze and look at him to see if he is going to repeat it.... I'm sure he'll repeat it at the most inappropriate time he can come up with.

OP
MangieSun

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Pretty sure his first words will be in a yelling at the kids tone. Lol. I seem to say "are you kidding me you guys!" A lot. With four kids in the house....his first words should be interesting. Lol. And yep, I'm a potty mouth. Going to have to try and change that habit.

Most Reactions

Latest posts