Juicing

brookgirl

Nov 15, 2021
Parrots
just looking
Not specifically a French food enquiry but I have recently bought a juicer during an "at that price I must have one!" moment and would like advice as to how to get the best from it.

Dont worry about teaching me to suck eggs as I know naff all about the subject.

My theory was to buy the fruit and veg from our local Arab market at 12:30 on Sunday when they virtually give it away and make fruit juices and smoothies etc. I am recovering from what I hope is my last operation and off the drink and want to do that little bit more if I can.

I have had a play with apples (with and without skin) apple and kiwi mixed and oranges, again with and without skin. The orange puree with skin looked great but tasted too tart, the apple was fine either way but looked a bit frothy/scummy with the skin and I reckon it would seperate in time.

I havn't really thought about introducing veg into the mix and would appreciate comments.

Are there any specific rules? i.e. certain fruits must be skinned or cored to avoid blocking the machine etc etc.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Did you literally purchase a juice extractor (leaving pulp behind) or high powered blender to mix various whole or skinned fruits? I prefer the latter style to use all available nutrients. You can get creative and concoct an infinite variety of smoothies with fruits, veggies, or combinations!

Some of the more costly blenders use high powered motors to prepare steaming hot soups served right from the cannister!

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Did you literally purchase a juice extractor (leaving pulp behind) or high powered blender to mix various whole or skinned fruits? I prefer the latter style to use all available nutrients. You can get creative and concoct an infinite variety of smoothies with fruits, veggies, or combinations!

Some of the more costly blenders use high powered motors to prepare steaming hot soups served right from the cannister!
A thought! What my daughter has done is working out quite well! She has a juicer/extractor-even handles celery- and a dehydrator! She is drying the pulp and is using it in everything! For the cost, the dehydrator is the best I have seen in a long time!
This is the dehydrator.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Most Reactions

Latest posts