June 2020 Photo of the Month Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
My first go at a Photo Contest Entry, but here it is...

Squiggy digging into his chop cube, straight out of the freezer, after we enjoyed a couple hours out back on the deck in the warm weather. He wouldn't even let me thaw it out before diving in, LOL. Nothing like a veggie-popcicle I guess.

Aw, so dainty! That food looks pretty good- I'd eat it lol!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Here's a still...I think :)
24509d1591745908-june-2020-photo-month-contest-dscn0769.jpg

Amy's plumage is looking gorgeous, Jim! And he's chomping with some real determination, there.

My first go at a Photo Contest Entry, but here it is...

Squiggy digging into his chop cube, straight out of the freezer, after we enjoyed a couple hours out back on the deck in the warm weather. He wouldn't even let me thaw it out before diving in, LOL. Nothing like a veggie-popcicle I guess.
24510d1591752003-june-2020-photo-month-contest-img_2694-2-.jpg

Knocked it out of the park with your first ever Photo Contest! Nice! And check out Squiggy's innocent little face!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Thanks, Jim, great! Chicken is produce, right? YEAH!

Squiggy, I like your style. You're gonna be a favorite around here!

Things are really moving along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
Working from home and having to do video conferencing is tricky these days when you have a squawking macaw trying to entertain themselves LOL. We found that she loves chopsticks. We have plenty. So today I decided to give her a banana kebob, with just a tiny bit of peanut butter (a very rare treat for her).

And a just for fun video of her and a jalapeño. -- JALAPE–O > BANANA

[ame="https://youtu.be/HGgEL9EXT1o"]Kass vs Jalapeño - YouTube[/ame]

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Working from home and having to do video conferencing is tricky these days when you have a squawking macaw trying to entertain themselves LOL. We found that she loves chopsticks. We have plenty. So today I decided to give her a banana kebob, with just a tiny bit of peanut butter (a very rare treat for her).

And a just for fun video of her and a jalapeño. -- JALAPE–O > BANANA

Kass vs Jalapeño - YouTube

Adorable- Noodles would be so jealous of the PB banana kebob..."Those are a few of her Fav-or-ite things" (in keeping with "The Sound of Music" lol). No jalapenos, sadly...Although she would probably kill me for an XXX Hot Cheeto (she shouldn't eat them, but she tried a tiny bit once and now she is like a crack addict...the choices we make...sigh)

Last edited:

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
Although she would probably kill me for an XXX Hot Cheeto (she shouldn't eat them, but she tried a tiny bit once and now she is like a crack addict...the choices we make...sigh)

When we first got Kass (who turned 2 on June 10!!!!), we were so adamant of no junk food treats. Yep...that was the idea....fast forward a year later and she does indeed get the occasional nono junk food like bits of whatever junk food we eat LOL. Not a lot, mind you...just tiny bits here and there as a treat for her tastebuds LOL

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Although she would probably kill me for an XXX Hot Cheeto (she shouldn't eat them, but she tried a tiny bit once and now she is like a crack addict...the choices we make...sigh)

When we first got Kass (who turned 2 on June 10!!!!), we were so adamant of no junk food treats. Yep...that was the idea....fast forward a year later and she does indeed get the occasional nono junk food like bits of whatever junk food we eat LOL. Not a lot, mind you...just tiny bits here and there as a treat for her tastebuds LOL

LOL - yes- same (very small, very occasional -within reason)--- There are certain things that she could probably have in VERY small amounts which I refuse to introduce (for fear that they will never be mine again...once she knows, the cat's out of the bag...and bar the door lol!). She has a mind like trap for the stuff she likes...

For an XXX Hot Cheeto FRAGMENT (like...a crumb), she will cry (like a puppy- followed by "COME Heeeeeeerrrrre - like a bratty kid in tears), talk a ton, say she loves me, pace around frantically wherever she is, flap/display, and then scream...and then repeat the cycle (not because I am asking her to, but because if she sees them, she transitions into crazy auto-pilot mode lol)

Last edited:

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
For an XXX Hot Cheeto FRAGMENT (like...a crumb), she will cry (like a puppy- followed by "COME Heeeeeeerrrrre - like a bratty kid in tears), talk a ton, say she loves me, pace around frantically wherever she is, flap/display, and then scream...and then repeat the cycle (not because I am asking her to, but because if she sees them, she transitions into crazy auto-pilot mode lol)

OMG Do not get her started on Takis!!!! LOL

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots

It may be too late for that..GULP....again....it was a moment of weakness...a crumb....(like, smaller than the head of a match--for real lol!!!)
I'VE CREATED A MONSTER!!!!

*actually, she was a monster when I got her-- I just limited the monster's consumption of junk (because she used to eat a ton of crap) and then allowed her to sample some crappy favorites of mine once every month or two (and in such small portions, I can't believe she tastes them at all!)....She is 500% desperate ("I NEED THAT JUNK NOW...IT COULD BE WEEKS BEFORE I HAVE SALT AGAIN...WEEKS I TELL YOU, WEEKS!!!!-THERE WAS A TIME BEFORE YOU KNEW ME WHEN I ATE SUGAR AND SALT DAILY AND I WAS FINE WOMAN, FINE I SAY!")

Literally reminds me of someone with a serious addiction problem (now, if anyone gets offended, I promise you, if you saw her reaction, you would agree!-I know it's no laughing matter in humans, but Noodles may have an addictive personality lol- you would think she was going to die)--she genuinely loses her mind for certain things--and those would be:
1. XXX Hot Cheetos, 2. Takis, 3. Sugar cookies and 4. a lick of my mom's flavored yogurt....and 5. peanut butter....again, we are talking samples the size of a small ant...yet, here we are lol.

Last edited:

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020

It may be too late for that..GULP....again....it was a moment of weakness...a crumb....(like, smaller than the head of a match--for real lol!!!)
I'VE CREATED A MONSTER!!!!

*actually, she was a monster when I got her-- I just limited the monster's consumption of junk (because she used to eat a ton of crap) and then allowed her to sample some crappy favorites of mine once every month or two (and in such small portions, I can't believe she tastes them at all!)....She is 500% desperate ("I NEED THAT JUNK NOW...IT COULD BE WEEKS BEFORE I HAVE SALT AGAIN...WEEKS I TELL YOU, WEEKS!!!!-THERE WAS A TIME BEFORE YOU KNEW ME WHEN I ATE SUGAR AND SALT DAILY AND I WAS FINE WOMAN, FINE I SAY!")

Literally reminds me of someone with a serious addiction problem (now, if anyone gets offended, I promise you, if you saw her reaction, you would agree!-I know it's no laughing matter in humans, but Noodles may have an addictive personality lol- you would think she was going to die)--she genuinely loses her mind for certain things--and those would be:
1. XXX Hot Cheetos, 2. Takis, 3. Sugar cookies and 4. a lick of my mom's flavored yogurt....and 5. peanut butter....again, we are talking samples the size of a small ant...yet, here we are lol.

I can't eat French fries with out Albie going totally nuts and as far as I know, he's never had one! At least not with me he hasn't, yet he does crazy acrobatics in his cage swinging like a loon upside down by one foot crying at the top of his voice!

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
tfw... that photo is just breathtaking. Literally? YES. I first saw it and sucked in my breath, like... "OHHHH!" and from across the room, the Rb mimicked his own "Ohhhhh!" which he likes to do when he senses excitement or drama afoot.

Thank you for that photo, AND the video... TRASH-TALK worthy of World Wrestling Federation - Macaw Style!

CarolineBradley

Jun 28, 2018
Queensland Australia
Parrots
Sunny (Sun Conure):
Keito (GC Conure):
Paris (RB cockatoo/Galah)
Picaro (Nanday) RIP
:orange::orange::orange:
Sunny has decided to throw his wing in the ring.. lets get ready to rumble!!

Here he is, trying to look innocent, failing miserably, "Watermelon, what watermelon??"

carolinebradley-albums-sunny-photos-picture22516-sunny-watermelon.jpg

Just for fun:
One of these things is not like the others... "Mum, this apple tastes off!"
carolinebradley-albums-sunny-photos-picture22517-jff-sunny-1.jpg

Taste testing the fresh food before its dished up...Sunny quality control

carolinebradley-albums-sunny-photos-picture22518-jff-sunny-2.jpg

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots

Here he is, trying to look innocent, failing miserably, "Watermelon, what watermelon??"

Just for fun:

That last one reminds me of a teen surrounded in designer clothes, like "what? this is just my boring life..duh!" LOL
Very cute pictures!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

Just for fun:

Wow Caroline and Sunny! Way to add some colour to a drab winter's morning (in Brisbane anyway!)

GO TEAM :D

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

Just for fun:

Caroline, it's been a while! We've missed you and your photo skills with beautiful Sunny. Gorgeous as ever!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Bumble’s late afternoon snack
8f5f306688fc31b9ea55f37e872ec0a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Bumble’s late afternoon snack
8f5f306688fc31b9ea55f37e872ec0a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aww, I love that little Bumble! Strawberry beards forever...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Oh, wow, wow, wowwwwwwwwwwww...

Sunny and Bumble, you don't even NEED fabulous produce around, with your spectacular plumages. So, so pretty. I don't even KNOW if there are NAMES for your colors. I absolutely get the giggles imagining professional color-namers at paint companies like Sherwin-Wlliams, trying to dream up names for those hues...

Thank you for those photos. Wow. Oh, I already said that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions