Just a funny story..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
.... yesterday it was just my brother and I for Thanksgiving as our boy's had other plans. David did a small turkey with some of the usual fixin's. As we were eating Amy was on his playtop watching us intently. He then climbed down into his house and started munching in his bowl. A couple minutes later I see him climb down his front door onto the floor,thinking he was going to go visit BB..but nope! He started to waddle across the floor straight for the dining room table:oops: I said to David "Amy wants to give thanks too!" but he said "no bird on the table please". Feeling sad for the green dino I fixed his own plate with a very small piece of turkey,a dollop of stuffing and cranberry,a piece of sweet tater a hunk of cob corn and peas and put the plate on his playpen and brought him over to it. He gobbled at the stuffing and tore the corn apart. In the end his plate was clean..sorry birdie no pumpkin pie for you :confused:

Jim

D

Deleted member 42416

.... yesterday it was just my brother and I for Thanksgiving as our boy's had other plans. David did a small turkey with some of the usual fixin's. As we were eating Amy was on his playtop watching us intently. He then climbed down into his house and started munching in his bowl. A couple minutes later I see him climb down his front door onto the floor,thinking he was going to go visit BB..but nope! He started to waddle across the floor straight for the dining room table:oops: I said to David "Amy wants to give thanks too!" but he said "no bird on the table please". Feeling sad for the green dino I fixed his own plate with a very small piece of turkey,a dollop of stuffing and cranberry,a piece of sweet tater a hunk of cob corn and peas and put the plate on his playpen and brought him over to it. He gobbled at the stuffing and tore the corn apart. In the end his plate was clean..sorry birdie no pumpkin pie for you :confused:

Jim
Gotta love Flock-feeding! Funny how households have their table restrictions when it comes to pets! We allow birdies to flock feed (parrot safe foods of course). However, mammalian pets must be far away.

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Gotta love Flock-feeding! Funny how households have their table restrictions when it comes to pets! We allow birdies to flock feed (parrot safe foods of course). However, mammalian pets must be far away.
If it was just me both Amy and BB would be right there too. But BB has a knack of walking thru the mashed taters and gravy!

Jim

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Jim, how nice of you! And funny? Why, I dropped a whole handful of mashed 'taters and gravy! Twas just Geri and I (guess we aren't interesting enough to have the kids here), so we always have mock turkey (chicken). Salty got the thigh bone.

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Jim, how nice of you! And funny? Why, I dropped a whole handful of mashed 'taters and gravy! Twas just Geri and I (guess we aren't interesting enough to have the kids here), so we always have mock turkey (chicken). Salty got the thigh bone.
Al Amy loves chicken leg bones..was gonna give him a turkey leg but it was almost as big as him lol.

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Julio will sit on his play top and enjoy his plate of safe goodies, fairly close to what you provided. I'm not into cranberry, and Mrs. Boats is not into having to eat it all as a ton of planned-overs! Julio loves a like plate to your Jim, fresh corn and mushed potatoes are the first to go!.

Julio gets a Turkey Leg Bone (cleaned of the dangerous bits) and another for the next day's planned-overs! When chicken comes back into the rotation he just looks at the chicken leg bone, with that; what happened to this thing, look! It is a pure joy to watch him drag the big bone around until he settles for eating it on the plate.

Kids are just way too far away and we rather have them when everyone else is not traveling!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My Lucy got very very upset the one time I cooked a turkey…creepy. Really makes you wonder what they think of us sometimes.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I KNOW Al, I know, I do. Our Jim had a mix of home-style narrating and self-acknowledged silliness and outright love that always, always uplifted me. Next Thanksgiving, we'll remember him in a special way.

Most Reactions

Latest posts